Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replacement LEDs for 5W sidelight on Ferret

Default Re: Replacement LEDs for 5W sidelight on Ferret

Quote Originally Posted by robin craig View Post
    I like the second photo from the left but then again I am biased as I speak my mind.
    What is the item lashed to the antennae tube with the red end to it?
    Thanks for the info, I am now informed.
    Hi Robin, Its a crowbar.

I know its non-standard. I saw one on another privately-owned Ferret and, because I don't have sand tracks, decided to lash this securely to the antenna tube. I covered the lashings with a short length of webbing strap. I got the crowbar cleaned and black enamel-coated, then painted the ends red. I think it looks the part with the front glacis furniture, but it also has two other functions. First, it provides a strengthened step-up when getting on and off the vehicle from the front, so the tube is not bent or damaged. I've seen a Ferret suffer side-swipe damage when a car hit it as it was exititng a T-junction, so a very much secondary purpose is to help minimise impact damage.
    Jeremy

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by robin craig View Post
    I like the second photo from the left but then again I am biased as I speak my mind.
    I'm with Robin - the Classic Cars LED looks the best of the 3. I can see the Mitant being retrofitted with them at some point. Probably not the indicators though as I doubt there will be an LED replacement for the indicator switch/relay.
    Neil.

Dover Tunnel Team - entry hole plug!

1959 AEC Militant Mk 1 6x6 GS 16-CL-49
    1973 Series 3 109" FFR 55-FM-58

19xx UAZ 469

First HMVF invasion of Overloon - Feb '09
    First owner of an OT-90 at W&P

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistsRifles View Post
    I'm with Robin - the Classic Cars LED looks the best of the 3. I can see the Mitant being retrofitted with them at some point. Probably not the indicators though as I doubt there will be an LED replacement for the indicator switch/relay.
    You can load an LED with resistors to operate an old mechanical flasher unit, or do what I did and buy a replacement for about £8.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    You can load an LED with resistors to operate an old mechanical flasher unit, or do what I did and buy a replacement for about £8.
    Hi Tony, do you have details of the replacement unit, please?

Just feed LED indiactor into Amazon. There are a number available. I've found it a very useful site for bits. I got a three pin and added a cheap buzzer unit from Maplins. Much more use in an MV than a little flashing light.
    Last edited by Tony B; 26-01-2017 at 05:16.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Just feed LED indiactor into Amazon. There are a number available. I've found it a very useful site for bits. I got a three pin and added a cheap buzzer unit from Maplins. Much more use in an MV than a little flashing light.
    You've got an MV where you can hear a buzzer when driving?

Andy

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search?text=buzzer&x=0&y=0 Suprisingly effective. little beasts.
    Leading the charge!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information