General Service Medal (NI) to: 24492842 BDSM C S Bailey 1 Kings Own Border Rgt.

Le Prof

Dear All,

I have posted this on other Medals related websites over the last two years without success, so I am trying here as a different group of people to help. Thanks in advance for keeping an eye open.

A fellow member of my Army Reserve Band had his car broken into in 2013 in the London area. Various electrical items were stolen, as well as his group of four medals. This was obviously an opportunistic theft, so they could have ended up anywhere. He is happy to have his details published.

The medals were Court Mounted and were:

GSM with NI bar named to: 24492842 BDSM C S Bailey 1 Kings Own Border Rgt.

UN Cyprus

2002 Golden Jubilee medal

2012 Diamond Jubilee medal

He's not bothered about the unnamed medals so much, but would like to recover the GSM if possible, since that is named, and it now has a couple more named medals to go with it.

The theft was reported and he has a crime number for it.

If anyone has come across this, I would appreciate you contacting me by PM, and we can sort out what needs to be done to recover it. He would pay market value for the GSM.

Thanks for your help and vigilance,

Best Regards,

Prof

A colleague of mine had his stolen a few years back, he got replacements easily enough from the medal office but they wanted to charge him rediculous fee. The boss emailed them and said they were stolen but they said it wasn't a valid reason according to the JSP. My colleague read the JSP and could find no table of reasons so forced their hand and received them for free.

Gentlemen,

thank you for taking the trouble to read, and time to reply.

We may eventually go down the Replacement route (currently he's using a 'cheap' original one from Ebay), but he was trying to obtain the original, since he'd had this since his teens (so, some 30 years), and used it on every parade (which is a lot as a Bandsman!). Also, Replacements are marked as such (R or Replacement), so are always a little second best.

Chris, I'll bear your reply in mind if we do talk with the Medal Office, it could come in handy.

Best Regards,

Adrian