Graham Lay Antiques Road Show military expert.

Tony B

The BBC have just announced the death of Graham Lay, a military expert for the Antiques Road show. I met him at Chatham when I took Katy my WC54 to the recording at Chatham Dockyard. His first question was 'What is Katy doing here?' I was a bit supprised, but it turned out he had worked in Jersey and knew both Carol, Katy's former owner and Katy herself. He also told me that he loved MV's and had owned a Daimler Dingo till he was unable to drive it any more. A friendly, knowlegable man, who had a gift for making military history accesable to the public.

Edited by Tony B
Apologies for misspelling

I am very sorry to hear that but thank you for posting the news. I never met him but corresponded by email with him over an item on a collection of toy soldiers and journal of Wargames from the 1870s which had appeared on Antiques Roadshow. He was very courteous and interested, and put me in touch with the family which resulted in my transcribing the Journal on the web. A true gentleman, very knowledgeable and he will be missed. Worth noting out of respect his surname was spelt Lay.

Edited by Vintage Wargaming
Correcting spelling of surname