Whitchurch Military Show

simon shillabeer

Well the show moves on Latest Updates

Military Show final allo allo .jpg

Wishing everybody MerryChristmas and Happy New Year

Hello To all sorry I have not been on the forum for a good while I have been busy with family but fighting my way back I have been talking with a group of guys local to me for a while all committed to military and we have decided to stick our necks on the line and go for it we don't have many big military shows in our area and always have to travel so please read the post below all feedback and ideas welcome we have planned this show with feedback from all you guys lots of other Military MV owners I know

Most people will know me from the series 3 landy FFR and sankey coms trailer ex sigs teleprinter we work radio at most events to radio hams all over details can be seen on MVT site

If you guys are planning for next year we are launchinga brand new Military show in Whiturch for August it’s on a cracking site andgaining a lot of interest we have a great group of people involved who are allvery enthusiastic we hope to have Royal Irish on site Air ambulance /Helicopter training school / historic fly past and lots more including food forexhibitors evening Bar and entertainment 40's singer / Band hopefully making acracking weekend please see link still work in progress on website

Hello all military enthusiasts Show Update

We now have Allo Allo opening the show and spending the weekend with us they are bringing a mock café and some other items and will also perform some scripts and sign photos you might even get a group photo with them !!! we have stalls coming from Europe re-enactment bookings coming in good and fast I am about to start getting around the MVT groups I think Cheshire and Merseyside tonight and staffs towards end of month if you would like us to drop in at your club and your not to far away drop me a line show forms should be here if I have downloaded them properly again many Thanks for following this thread

We went down to Cheshire and Merseyside MVT last night and were received with great enthusiasm I would like to say many Thanks to the Guys and Girls at the club and your support to the event we look forward to seeing you there

https://www.battlereenactment.co.uk/

Many Thanks Simon

additional info for you military radio guys a large group of us setup a military radio net last year the clansman net we are hoping to setup a radio camp at the show this will also be registered special event station with RSGB so plenty for you radio guys also we will have licensed radio guys about also to give advice to any new starters

if you have any interest in this there will be a contact point going live 1-10 Feb. on www.clansman.net or email me at simon@militaryradio.co.uk

Edited by simon shillabeer
missing info

A lot depends on when in August, as there is lot going on in July & August (not round here mind you)

When you know a date & if, as your website suggests, you want multi-period then it might be worth posting on here: http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/index.php

Many thanks for the link I will have to post over I am hoping to be at Stoneleigh militaria 2017 and promote it there its our attempt to try and bring a show in with some of the old military show character something worth while not the usual turn up display truck and go home lots to do and enjoy there seems to be a lot of intrest will see how it goes all I can do is just keep chipping away at it

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks for the link I will have to post over I am hoping to be at Stoneleigh militaria 2017 and promote it there its our attempt to try and bring a show in with some of the old military show character something worth while not the usual turn up display truck and go home lots to do and enjoy there seems to be a lot of intrest will see how it goes all I can do is just keep chipping away at it

Many Thanks

I have put the show info out early on the group there are several domains associated with the show now registered I am hoping to get webpage finished in 2 weeks there will be full details as to location. details on each theatre of operation I hope to have traders list and lots more time is a big factor at the moment but apologies it is basic at the moment

Many Thanks for feedback it is always very welcome

A lot depends on when in August, as there is lot going on in July & August (not round here mind you)

When you know a date & if, as your website suggests, you want multi-period then it might be worth posting on here: http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/index.php

Website has 19 - 20 August. Simon, would be a good idea as a matter of routine to post the dates, location etc. wherever you're posting about this - the less people have to jump through hoops the better.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Simon good luck with your show in August I will be away so will miss it but I will

promote it at our next meeting of the NSMVT

Chris

Many Thanks Chris I do hope to get around all the groups as staffs and Manchester and all the Areas for about 30 -40 miles radius and just tell them about what we are doing I really want this to be a show for our side of the fence as much the public again many thanks for passing on to the group

I'm part of a ww2 re enactment group and only live in welshpool and is only an hour away from whitchurch so m interested. if your at stoneleigh ill have to meet up with you for a chat about the event.

It would be great to meet up I will be in dpm's along with my friend in his ww1 officers uniform and we will be promoting the show with hand-outs I am 6' 2" and big so that will give you a bit of help we normally hit café about 11:00-11:30 if not we could meet up somewhere do you have a group or club meet maybe I could pop down its not to far from Whitchurch we are in talks with a group currently who have full scale spitfire replica and put on a very good Airfield scramble post display

Hope to catch up at Stoneleigh Many Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I'm part of a ww2 re enactment group and only live in welshpool and is only an hour away from whitchurch so m interested. if your at stoneleigh ill have to meet up with you for a chat about the event.

Not sure if I spoke to you at Stoneleigh but apologies if I didn't we have loads of space and would love you to join the show details I can send by email if you contact me at simon@militaryradio.co.uk

Hello all military enthusiasts

We now have Allo Allo opening the show and spending the weekend with us they are bringing a mock café and some other items and will also perform some scripts and sign photos you might even get a group photo with them !!! we have stalls coming from Europe re-enactment bookings coming in good and fast I am about to start getting around the MVT groups I think Cheshire and Merseyside tonight and staffs towards end of month if you would like us to drop in at your club and your not to far away drop me a line show forms should be here if I have downloaded them properly again many Thanks for following this thread

Military Show final.pdf

Re Enactment entry form final.pdf

Trade entry form final.pdf

vehicle entry form final.pdf

Do you have details of Trade stands avaialbale for the show. Local to me it would be a great one to attend.

Regards,

David.

Well the show moves on Latest Updates

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123554[/ATTACH]

Wishing everybody MerryChristmas and Happy New Year

Hello To all sorry I have not been on the forum for a good while I have been busy with family but fighting my way back I have been talking with a group of guys local to me for a while all committed to military and we have decided to stick our necks on the line and go for it we don't have many big military shows in our area and always have to travel so please read the post below all feedback and ideas welcome we have planned this show with feedback from all you guys lots of other Military MV owners I know

Most people will know me from the series 3 landy FFR and sankey coms trailer ex sigs teleprinter we work radio at most events to radio hams all over details can be seen on MVT site

If you guys are planning for next year we are launchinga brand new Military show in Whiturch for August it’s on a cracking site andgaining a lot of interest we have a great group of people involved who are allvery enthusiastic we hope to have Royal Irish on site Air ambulance /Helicopter training school / historic fly past and lots more including food forexhibitors evening Bar and entertainment 40's singer / Band hopefully making acracking weekend please see link still work in progress on website

Hello all military enthusiasts Show Update

We went down to Cheshire and Merseyside MVT last night and were received with great enthusiasm I would like to say many Thanks to the Guys and Girls at the club and your support to the event we look forward to seeing you there

https://www.battlereenactment.co.uk/

Many Thanks Simon

additional info for you military radio guys a large group of us setup a military radio net last year the clansman net we are hoping to setup a radio camp at the show this will also be registered special event station with RSGB so plenty for you radio guys also we will have licensed radio guys about also to give advice to any new starters

if you have any interest in this there will be a contact point going live 1-10 Feb. on www.clansman.net or email me at simon@militaryradio.co.uk

Do you have details of Trade stands avaialbale for the show. Local to me it would be a great one to attend.

Regards,

David.

Hello David yes we do have trade stands we have tried to keep them military only we have spoken to some of the main stream dealers who seem very interested I need to get back to some but I am not handling that side somebody else is managing that I am just keeping an eye on it I am hoping LMS will come and solder of fortune have shown interest its to early at this point I have been to a few clubs (MVT) and if I go by votes of interest we could get 200 vehicles plus we have now had to apply for a special license for fly pasts because of the amount of aircraft wanting to fly over I have had trade stands that have booked and paid coming from Spain and Belgium I will be updating as time goes on as soon as I can get a list of trades I will post them

Many Thanks for the interest I will be on site for all arrivals if you have a military vehicle do bring it along and take part it would be great to see you

Hello David yes we do have trade stands we have tried to keep them military only we have spoken to some of the main stream dealers who seem very interested I need to get back to some but I am not handling that side somebody else is managing that I am just keeping an eye on it I am hoping LMS will come and solder of fortune have shown interest its to early at this point I have been to a few clubs (MVT) and if I go by votes of interest we could get 200 vehicles plus we have now had to apply for a special license for fly pasts because of the amount of aircraft wanting to fly over I have had trade stands that have booked and paid coming from Spain and Belgium I will be updating as time goes on as soon as I can get a list of trades I will post them

Many Thanks for the interest I will be on site for all arrivals if you have a military vehicle do bring it along and take part it would be great to see you

Thanks for the info Simon.

Unfortunately I don't own a Military Vehicle myself, just several Paintings and Prints of them, along with Aviation Paintings and Prints. Please do have a look at my website to see what I do. http://www.david-walker.org.uk

This was an older one as an example.

Web Willy's Jeep & figures.jpg

Show updates for you guys things moving on we have been out to Staffs and Crewe MVT Groups and have lots of interest also have the support of Shropshire Aero club and the offer of some biplanes and other period Aircraft trade bookings starting to come in it looks as though we will have a good selection of armour and field artillery will keep you all posted