AEC Matador LRX 784 LRX 680

Alan Judd

If they are still around they will still be part of the really usefull club. I dare bet you could still do the job with them

LRX 784 is alive and well and fully resplendent in post war RAF colours.

Here is a photo I took at a show a couple of years ago.

Ian.

IMG_0146.jpg

• 2 years later...

L R X 784 what a lovely truck, I brought her in 1995 she was in a sorry state someone had welded a logging crane on the back of her and winched some thing wrong and bent her chassis downwards there was a big crease by the rear spring hanger.she had been working hard in the forests and been USED and not very well looked after.I had the chassis repaired and spent 7 years restoring her the wooden cab wheel arches were replaced with new steel ones cab was lifted off all new body panels replaced chassis was sand blasted and  hand painted with 7 coats,rear body all replaced cables rewired new tyres glass new winch cable you name it i cleaned it up or replaced it.I had to sell her 2001 just before i fcould finish her she was 99% finished.Sad to have to sell her as i was moving to germany where i still am.seen many photos of her on the internet latest one 2016 shes looking like she needs abit of love again but all in all dont see any rust so i think i choose the wright rust protection paint for her, long may she live.

Forgot to mention  did not have to do anything to the engine just oil change as we all know Matadors always start she had not done too many miles anyway so that was a bonus all i had done was the starter rebuilt.every thing then pressure washed off and repainted and the injectors recalibrated.