Triumph 3HW levers

Carruthers

Hello all,

My 1942 triumph project is really cracking along in the last couple of weeks (pics to follow) but I've got a bit stuck with break and clutch levers.

I was planning on buying Indian pattern levers as they are a good pattern for triumph, but nobody appears to be stocking the correct pattern any longer. The only ones currently for sale have a different clamp style which I'm not willing to use on my machine.

Does anybody know of another source?

Incidentally i need 1" levers, not 7/8th.

Many thanks,

Jiri Horice makes the best reproduction stuff that I've seen. He makes a nice range of levers and you might be able to get them un-plated. (unless things have improved,the chrome is crap anyway). You need to see some of his parts close up to appreciate them. His Lucas MT110 tail lamp for instance is perfect. Nothing like the 20 quid jobs from India.

http://www.vintage-replica.cz/indexE.htm Ron

Hi Ron,

Many thanks for the reply and the link. I wasn't aware of this site and he certainly has some nice bits. The levers he do however are the same pattern as the ones available from India with the clamp going top to bottom rather than front to back. I'm looking for levers with the front and back fittings as this it what triumph used on the 3hw.

Many thanks,

Simon, are the horizontally split pivots the type that are normally fitted in combination with the top levers ?

Did Triumph use Amal controls ?...presumably as I don't associate them with Bowden or Doherty.

Have you tried Peter Long at Cornucopia ? He always used to list a wide range of replica levers but he hasn't updated his catalogue for yonks.