1942 Willys MB Jeep

MatchFuzee

The description says: "This Willys MB is a genuine wartime vehicle, manufactured in 1942. In 2008, it underwent a total nut-and-bolt rebuild; restoration work included.......new body......"

It looks to have been to a very high standard but I would rather have a worn, welded original.

When you read the description it really doesn't sound as though there's much of the "genuine wartime vehicle, manufactured in 1942" left.

At what point does it become a replica with some original parts, I wonder?

:-D Lost count of the number of times this has been debated at shows/bars/club meetings/workshop best not go there unless you've got a life time to listen to all the points of view, some get a bit :angry over it.

At the end of the day virtually all of them have some reproduction parts so I suppose it boils down to all similar situations...... buyer be ware...... and make your own mind up regarding what you are prepared to accept.

Pete

It always is amusing to see a similar rebuilt Jeep at a show with a description board of spiel about how it landed in Normandy in '44...

dah de dah,... then ask the owner which part of the Jeep actually landed there!

Well evidently Nick this particular one hasn't or else it would have a reserve of 29K euros ;)

Pete