Registering Dutch Airportable Land Rover .

Good evening chaps and chapesses ,

My brother has managed to get our Dutch airportable up and running , all is sorted apart from registering the thing .

He has filled in the appropriate application and submitted it to DVLA along with the details , date of manufacture etc , provided by the Heritage Certificate he's obtained . DVLA has rejected the application on the grounds of insufficient proof of age . Having spoken to the LR owners club he's been told that it pretty much depends on who opens your letter and how they are feeling that day as to whether your paperwork gets approved or not , particularly as the vehicle is almost old enough to achieve tax exempt status .

Is there anything else he can try to improve the chances of a successful application or does he just put his tongue in his cheek and send the info in again as is and hope for the best ?

Not had a Cloggie , sufficient with all info. have ,,

The veracity can be made to mount up to a level they will have to agree if you present them with the file..

eg

The Dutch lightweight was produced from 1975 to 1979 and arrived in service in the Dutch Army from 1976 to 1980?ish. The Dutch variant was made in Left Hand Drive with a 2.25l Diesel Engine. From what I understand they are all series IIIs. They all have the turn signals mounted on top of the wings above the head lights instead of on the front of the wing next to the head light. I once read that they only produced 1909 vehicles for the Dutch Military. The serial number should be found on the front right spring hanger. The number should read 895XXXXXA. The x represent the serial number and order of build. Hope you find this useful.

Source.

http://www.lightweightlandroverclub.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1771

---------

You will have your chassis No. - so a rough guestimate - work it in to the prefix 859 suffix A

The MJC book may have more info. The magazine write up mentioned - was very comprehensive , problems the buyer(s) made for themselves , dodgy material cost saving on 1/2 shafts etc. re-use of stocks of 7.00x16 tyres etc. etc. (btw the tyres may be a myth)

When I was rejected I called the office and discussed the matter and received clarification, unfortunately , if needed, they did not record the conversation.

I am not sure but if you call thy may be willing to meet at an office, similar to passports

Edited by Surveyor
other thoughts

There is a very clear a definate process to register a vehicle

If you don't follow the process it will be rejected end of

Speak to the MVT verification officer or drop me a pm, I was MVT verification officer for 4 yesrs

Loads of duff info and experts on here!!

Edited by Brooky