wot6 1943

can anyone on here help i have just join the hmvf and am looking for some help finding some parts for my k6 karrier . i need to find anyone who has broken or may know of a k6 rusting away that can be used for spare parts .i need to find a cab front ,roof,cab back and a usable floor and frame also needed spare wheel front hold frame and cross bar brace and springs plus handle,rear wheel winch roller wheels full set ,tow hook ,tow hook spring ,tow hook bracing plates ,window frames and hinges ,tank straps and anything else that you may have for the k6 these are the only parts i need to find as what i have has turned into a flat pack of rust thanks for reading and any pointer that you can give me plus i have some spare parts that may help someone else out with for a k6 karrier .

I think you will struggle. I know of probably 3 vaguely decent Karrier K6s, and one of those needs patching to the cab. The cab will have been the first bit to go on any that are rusting away.

(someone will now prove me wrong by finding one that's had its front end sprayed with waxoil and stuck in a barn)

They are, however, very simply made out of straight flat bits of metal, which makes replacement straightforward.

Some of the bits may be obtainable, but I think you'll end up fabricating most. However, I and a couple of others should be able to help if you need a prototype to take measurements from.

• 7 months later...