Dodge WC51.

DFC1943Fl.Lt.

Hi all, has anyone had any dealings with a company called 'Northwest Military Vehicles' in the USA. I need a set of side/wing mirrors for my dodge and found some on this site. I have paid for them through PayPal a few weeks ago but have not even received an email to say payment received or that they are being dispatched, nothing. Have tried to contact them by email, no response. I have now raised a complaint through PayPal hoping they can get some sort of answer from them. So back to my question, has anyone on here dealt with this company.

Regards Steve.

'Northwest Military Vehicles'

Never heard of that company, and if they did Dodge parts, I would have.

The only reputable company anything like that is John Bizal at Midwest Military. John is fine to deal with, if not very speedy, but that is very common.

Never heard of that company, and if they did Dodge parts, I would have.

The only reputable company anything like that is John Bizal at Midwest Military. John is fine to deal with, if not very speedy, but that is very common.

index-01.gifThis is the only part I seem to be able to copy and paste. Google the site and see what you think.

I thought, although I could be wrong that the mirror heads on the Dodge were the same as Gmc/jeeps which can be purchased in the UK without any problem. The only change I can see is on mine is that there is a rubber surround on the Dodge holding the glass in place.Ive not dealt with Midwest Military BUT the few US people I have had dealing with just sometimes seem to be on another planet with postage costs, its almost as if they dont want to send stuff to us......

I stand to be corrected.

I tried recently to get one in the UK, usual suppliers all out of stock.

Hi Deryck how's it going. Yes I have tried a couple of companies in this country but as you say, all out of stock. BTW how did you get on with your jeep gearbox trouble, not to much of a position I hope.

Regards Steve.

I tried recently to get one in the UK, usual suppliers all out of stock.

In that case my next port of call would a French dealer, at least their postage is sensible.. I would try "JEEPEST" look at milweb they advertise on there.

People seem to rush to buy from the states as though thats the "Holy Mecca" of vehicle parts, yes they do have some nice parts but they are not the only country left with "NOS" parts......truly when people tell me the postage for some parts my eyes water.

Hi Deryck how's it going. Yes I have tried a couple of companies in this country but as you say, all out of stock. BTW how did you get on with your jeep gearbox trouble, not to much of a position I hope.

Regards Steve.

Hi Steve, another source you might try is H.O.Wildenberg in Holland email is wildenberg@planet.nl

Got the gearbox and transfer box sorted eventually thankyou, I will post the tale of woe when I get time.

Cheers

Deryck

I thought, although I could be wrong that the mirror heads on the Dodge were the same as Gmc/jeeps which can be purchased in the UK without any problem. The only change I can see is on mine is that there is a rubber surround on the Dodge holding the glass in place.Ive not dealt with Midwest Military BUT the few US people I have had dealing with just sometimes seem to be on another planet with postage costs, its almost as if they dont want to send stuff to us......

I stand to be corrected.

I'm in the US and deal with either Midwest Military, or Vintage Power Wagon.

I have sold through eBay since 1998 and just finally stopped selling over seas.

I will not ship if I can't track the item, and you can not track it unless it is shipped Priority, FedEx, or UPS which all are very expensive. I just shipped a gent on this board 10 fuse tubes, for free, but it cost me 68.00 bucks to get them to him.

I had a guy in France said he never received a item I sold him on eBay. I showed eBay, and PayPal where I shipped it, and the tracking where it left the US, and told them that was the best I could do. He needed to take it up with his local Postal People.

Now eBay has a deal where they will handle overseas shipping, for you. You ship it to them, after it sells, and they handle everything. BUT a couple months ago I sold a M20 armored car Zenith Carb to a guy, eBay shipped it, Customs there kept it, he left me negative feedback. I went off on eBay told them, they handled shipping, not me, and I wanted the negative removed. They deleted the negative feedback.

Sometimes selling over there/here for you, is just not worth the trouble....