Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Cold War Museum

Default Re: The Cold War Museum

You have a lot to do, so get back at it.
    Good luck with the project.
    Honorary Member of the 17th Airborne Scions.
    Host of Beltrings Camp Nuts / Camp Kohout.
    A&E 2010, 2012 & 2016, been there, done it, still grinning...

"Helmet king"

2. Advertisement

If you are thinking of Crowd Funding or shares, and being Mercenary- Would that include a Life Time Founder Membership Entry?
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

yes I would be open to any cash/funding, however I would prefer to get the museum trust team together first to make sure all money invested is handled properly and fairly. This museum is my passion but I know many many of you also have similar passions. I am hoping that in the next five years I will be retired and investing all my spare cash and time into the museum...i hope to attract lottery funding at some stage...but who knows...fund raising is a game in itself...
    The Cold War Museum. 'we are not ready' but in true tradition of the British, we will overcome all that we face.
    Curator, owner, dogs body, tea maker, errand boy, and anything else that is needed to get it open. but in true British tradition the planners have already scuppered my plans so we cannot open on the 1st may no matter what I do...I love my country but gosh I wish we could do away with planners...

so in line with the plans I am looking for people interested in helping me run the museum trust. I think I will likely need around 4-5 additional people to help me get things going. Is anyone interested...I have likely one member interested but looking for more...

the ideal candidates are those with knowledge of a few of these, era, the machines, the army, the government etc etc, or maybe has a passion for the cold war itself, or has loads of money and wants to invest it into a great cause...or has machines that he wants to store and show in the museum that are applicable, or he has a lot of time on his hands and wants to be part of something new and exciting...

its not going to be easy but i hope you can all see my determination is undying, I have been planning it for many years, i have my ideas but now its time to get it going....I am on the road...i have the land I have policy and I think I can get some form of planning and maybe even temporary buildings in place...we could be running proper next year...

PM me all you millionaire ex army engineers...
    The Cold War Museum. 'we are not ready' but in true tradition of the British, we will overcome all that we face.
    Curator, owner, dogs body, tea maker, errand boy, and anything else that is needed to get it open. but in true British tradition the planners have already scuppered my plans so we cannot open on the 1st may no matter what I do...I love my country but gosh I wish we could do away with planners...

Having been a trustee of a charity some years back, may I make a suggestion? Get one person who has no knowledge of the subject, but a good buissness head. Does help to wind some of the wilder fantasise we are all prone to.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Having been a trustee of a charity some years back, may I make a suggestion? Get one person who has no knowledge of the subject, but a good buissness head. Does help to wind some of the wilder fantasise we are all prone to.
    Tony,

good idea, I have certainly got the business head. But I am full of ideas too...and I have always fulfilled my fantasies...no matter how wild...but I have a long way to go yet...

Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information