We will remember them.

Just another WW2 monument to most, not to me.

For years I placed flowers there on our remembrance dag (May4th) in name of a veteran who was there (Ray Surrey).

He is gone but I won't forget. (Rest in peace my friend.)

Today its 72 years ago it happened

So this afternoon I went to the monument alone and did a small ceremony reciting the "we will remember" poem.

IMG_2005%20Medium_zpsbccn24bz.jpg

Just another WW2 monument to most, not to me.For years I placed flowers there on our remembrance dag (May4th) in name of a veteran who was there (Ray Surrey).

He is gone but I won't forget. (Rest in peace my friend.)

Today its 72 years ago it happened

So this afternoon I went to the monument alone and did a small ceremony reciting the "we will remember" poem.

IMG_2005%20Medium_zpsbccn24bz.jpg

A personal poignant moment. Others were there in spirit with you at your shoulder. You were not alone.

Thanks for the comments!

Today I went (with our Mom) to 's-Hertogenbosch for the commemorations of its liberation.

When I was at A&E I was surprised (even shocked) many Brits never heard about that battle.

The entire 53rd Welsh division fought there, even Sherman and Churchill flame thrower tanks were involved and the run up to it many infantry men were transported in Kangaroo's.

Anyway, today there were 4 Veterans from the 53rd division present. I know all for but especially Owen Butcher is special to me because I consider him a friend. He was batallion sniper and today he told me he was trained by the Lovat Scouts. He wanted to show me the Lovat capbadge he had since then but it was in his other jacket.

IMG_2021%20Medium_zpskb6to2sw.jpg

from left to right ; Frank Yates, Owen Butcher, Peter Davies and Bruce Coombes.

Edited by Enigma
After about 6 hours Photopukeit finally let me post the photo..