Broken Down In Doncaster

paulob1

Okay the boys were off to collect a small 24 volt geny from Near Whitby that I was planning on using to jump start the trucks when they are away from mains power plus a mobile home ready for the volunteers to overnight in. Long journey I know but its also an involved story, not for on here for now. Anyway they have broken down, the drive shaft carrier bearing has failed, I bet it has not been greased for an age. I was under there today and never noticed any problem with it. They are stuck just off the motorway and awaiting a repair from A.E. Wilson who will try to source the bearing tomorrow and fix it...then the boys can carry on their journey...here's hoping all will be okay.

Edited by paulob1

Okay the boys were off to collect a small 24 volt geny from Near Whitby that I was planning on using to jump start the trucks when they are away from mains power plus a mobile home ready for the volunteers to overnight in. Long journey I know but its also an involved story, not for on here for now. Anyway they have broken down, the drive shaft carrier bearing has failed, I bet it has not been greased for an age. I was under there today and never noticed any problem with it. They are stuck just off the motorway and awaiting a repair from A.E. Wilson who will try to source the bearing tomorrow and fix it...then the boys can carry on their journey...here's hoping all will be okay.

Depends on the vehicle mostly do not have greasers now. Hope they have got it fixed.