Pickering NYMR Wartime Weekend

ploughman

Just a quick word of warning.

Traffic from the South using the A64 / A169 junction should be aware of a set of roadworks just off the A64 junction.

Building a new roundabout to access Eden Camp area.

Traffic lights in operation causing queuing traffic back onto the roundabout.

For those heading away back towards York late afternoon queues on a Sunday can be about a mile long.

Worth considering diverting via Kirkby Misperton, Amotherby, Slingsby, Sherrif Hutton and York Ringroad.

Takes about 10 - 15 minutes longer than a normal day on the A64.

Just a quick word of warning.

Traffic from the South using the A64 / A169 junction should be aware of a set of roadworks just off the A64 junction.

Building a new roundabout to access Eden Camp area.

Traffic lights in operation causing queuing traffic back onto the roundabout.

For those heading away back towards York late afternoon queues on a Sunday can be about a mile long.

Worth considering diverting via Kirkby Misperton, Amotherby, Slingsby, Sherrif Hutton and York Ringroad.

Takes about 10 - 15 minutes longer than a normal day on the A64.[/QUO

Are you part of the event ploughman? Would have liked to bring the sabre along but its not old enough

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Pickering this year only to find the show ground empty of MVs. Does anyone know if this is to occur for ever after or was this a temporary problem? I was told while there that the showground was closed except for civi car parking because the owners were putting up little log cabins (one of which was next to the parking area for the 'park and ride' coach parking spot).

Everyone I spoke to were amazed at this decision, especially as there still seemed to be plenty of room for an MV & Re-enactment show and not much evidence of major building works to be considered 'dangerous'.

Are they looking to cover the showground with 'glamping' log cabins?

I went to Pickering this year only to find the show ground empty of MVs. Does anyone know if this is to occur for ever after or was this a temporary problem? I was told while there that the showground was closed except for civi car parking because the owners were putting up little log cabins (one of which was next to the parking area for the 'park and ride' coach parking spot).

Everyone I spoke to were amazed at this decision, especially as there still seemed to be plenty of room for an MV & Re-enactment show and not much evidence of major building works to be considered 'dangerous'.

Are they looking to cover the showground with 'glamping' log cabins?

According to the Pickering Showground website, this was a one off and the re-enactors and vehicles will (hopefully) be back in 2017.

• 11 months later...