Lots of parts for lots of (mainly British) things!

Sean N

Some of you will be aware I've been having a bit of a sort out - see http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?45258-What-s-Sean-got-now

I've come across a lot of stuff that either I've bought and not used or aqcuired along the way. I've got no use for it, so it all might as well go to good homes.

The bulk is spares for British military and commercial vehicles of the 1940s to 1970s (mostly '50s and '60s), plus some odds and ends. There's anything from odd nuts and bolts to engines, gearboxes and axles, new and used.

My focus has been on Bedford and Austin, but there's also odds and ends of a lot of other stuff; Rootes Group, BMC, Leyland, Thornycroft, Perkins, Jaguar, Scammell and stuff that's of general use.

I've put together a list of what I've found so far, and I'm still digging! If you'd like a copy of the list so far drop me a message through HMVF, including your email address, and I'll sort one out.

Edited by Sean N

Hello all, should have send I need you to PM me your email address, as I don't think I can send it via HMVF. I've edited the original post.

Neil, I think there are a few odd AEC bits, not sure if there's anything too exciting but have a look. I'm also still trying to sell that Mk1 Militant FV11008, if you know anyone who might be interested.

Tony, there are some Rootes bits but I don't know what they fit. There are probably some bus bits as well, but they'll be parts common to other things rather than specifically bus e.g. engine parts etc., for example I've got a load of new Gardner LXB injectors. Having said that, there are a load of seat cushions from a Willowbrook bodied Bedford VAS!

Bedford 28 yes, Gardner none so far apart from the LXB injectors mentioned above.

Generally speaking, these are either new parts that I've acquired for my projects and am not now going to use, used parts the same, or kept from vehicles that were broken up (the usual 'I might need that'), or parts that came along in job lots I had to acquire to get something I wanted, and I've finally got round to sorting out.

If I'm honest I don't know how exciting many of them are - there are a lot of odds & ends - but it'd be a shame to bin parts that someone might have a use for.