M35 a2

Big Al

Can someone help me I am looking to replace all the fluids and oils in the M35 a2 I have just bought, what and were can I get them ?

Engine Straight 30 grade such as Morris's classic

Gearbox transfer box Straight 90 (not EP) such as Morris's AG90

Axel As above

Radiator antifreeze Your choice

Brakes I assume you mean hydraulic fluid, again your choice but don't mix DOT5 with other specs.

Wheel hubs Front hubs/ rubber gaiters are filled with grease and are a total abortion. If there is any oil present it is coming from the front diff and the relevant oil seals are fitted well inside the axle tube and can be awkward to remove

Too much grease in the gaiters will result in them either splitting or slipping out of their mounting clamps, too little and the uj's wil fail.

Edited by Degsy

Can someone help me I am looking to replace all the fluids and oils in the M35 a2 I have just bought, what and were can I get them ?

Engine Straight 30 grade such as Morris's classic

Gearbox transfer box Straight 90 (not EP) such as Morris's AG90

Axel As above

Radiator antifreeze Your choice

Brakes I assume you mean hydraulic fluid, again your choice but don't mix DOT5 with other specs.

Wheel hubs Front hubs/ rubber gaiters are filled with grease and are a total abortion. If there is any oil present it is coming from the front diff and the relevant oil seals are fitted well inside the axle tube and can be awkward to remove

Too much grease in the gaiters will result in them either splitting or or slipping out off their mounting clamps, too little and the uj's wil fail.

Thank you very helpful

Alec

You're welcome Alec, I forgot to mention Morris's will have a stockist in your area and it is normally cheaper to buy from them rather than direct from Morris Oils. May I suggest you join the Steel Soldiers forum which is where all the M35 guru's reside.

Steelsoldiers is indeed the place for M35 information, they have a section with all the relevant technical manuals you can download.

You're welcome Alec, I forgot to mention Morris's will have a stockist in your area and it is normally cheaper to buy from them rather than direct from Morris Oils. May I suggest you join the Steel Soldiers forum which is where all the M35 guru's reside.

Steelsoldiers is indeed the place for M35 information, they have a section with all the relevant technical manuals you can download.

Thank you for the information will look at steelsoldiers I have a cd with some manuals on from the previous owners.

Right here is a few questions I hope you would be able to answer.

I have a new brake master cylinder to fit I have been looking at the brake fluid which the manuals say Dot 5 silicone it is expensive compared to Dot 4 ect were is the best place in the uk to get it and how much would I need to fill the system?

Before I do the above would it be wise to flush the system first, if so what would be the best and safest material to use I have had a look at some classic car sites they say methylated sprits ?

Alec