Air Log generator

antar

Recently purchased one of the many Air Log 5.6 KvA 240v generators being sold off by Withams. After sorting fuel system problems and putting engine oil in it (it was empty not just low) ran it up only to find it is only delivering about 120v. Hz are correct at 50 cycles on the dial so not an engine rpm problem (presume 3000rpm). Does anybody have manuals or any ideas what may be wrong ?

Edited by antar
typo

From where are you getting the 120v reading? I have a proper generator tester, gives voltage and frec unloaded and loaded. When output is measured with a usual VOM meter it differs wildly.

It has an analogue volt meter on the panel which is wher I am getting the reading. I connected a 240 angle grinder to the 3 pin plug outlet, as soon as I operate the switch the trip operates. As I say the Hz is spot on, again from a gauge on the panel.

You maybe overestimating how these guys worked. We couldn't rely on mains powered clocks as the frequencies weren't correct. The clocks used to lose about 10 minutes every hour in the accommodation blocks (as we had US 120v power converted to 240v) and gain 10 mins in every hour in the Tech site. It was a nightmare!

You maybe overestimating how these guys worked. We couldn't rely on mains powered clocks as the frequencies weren't correct. The clocks used to lose about 10 minutes every hour in the accommodation blocks (as we had US 120v power converted to 240v) and gain 10 mins in every hour in the Tech site. It was a nightmare!

Just checked the gauges the frequency gauge will only go to 55 Hz.