Ferret 02CC68

Jimland74

Hi. I'm the joint owner of this Ferret for about the last year and a half. It was originally a Mk 1/1, but at some point it has been converted to a Mk 1/2.

If anyone can provide me with any information at all about it, it would be really appreciated.

I thought all the Mk1/2 Ferrets were in the EA registration series. This conversion has possibly been done since it left military service, especially if it still has Mk1/1 on the data plate.

I have the history cards, but although the Ferret's DIS was 1959, the record cards only commence in 1967. I emailed Bovvie and they told me they don't have any further records other than what I already have. They did say I could visit and see if they have any photos of it, so that will definitely be on my to do list. The cards show a couple of conversion codes, but I don't think they are for it changing to a Mk 1/2, so the turret may well have been fitted by some previous civvy owner. I was hoping someone using HMVF would know.