War and Peace Revival 2016 pictures

Niels v

Nice photos chaps thanks for sharing.

It's good to see after all the uncertainty that has surrounded W&P that the show still managed to field some rare and interesting vehicles, this was always the strong point of the show in that it attracted rare and little seen examples.

Pete

Thanks for the photo of my lorry, you caught me taking a rest around the back. Unless I missed one, it was the only QL at the show.

cheers Richard

I love QL's and usually make a pic when I see them, this is the only one I saw but I didn't go around all the vehicle exhibits.

Btw a mate is looking into getting one, so if you might have a lead to a decent one... :D

These are the only pictures I took.

Something went a bit not quite right with the prize giving. (Although I am not sure how many winners actually received a "prize")

Anyway the winner of the Dale Prior Memorial Plaque for best Hunber 1-Ton was Roger Graystone. He was apparently not on the prizewinners list although present in the arena but received no acknowledgement as a winner.

Shortly afterwards I presented him with a WPR fleece kindly provided by the organisers & presented him with a brass plaque. This was a proper lump of brass & engraved both sides, that cost cost £30 each to have manufactured, so something worth keeping.

IMG_20160723_161526 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20160723_160827 (Medium).jpg

As for the show itself I found it most enjoyable with no problems, although it saddened me to see such large areas of emptiness around the site with many regulars no longer attending.