Problem with inbuilt 24volt coils

sim60

Question

Hi,i am baffled as my Dodge M 37 seems to destroy coils after long trips the first two i put down to being faulty replacement ones( one arrived via the USA but it was Turkish and to short), I thought I had brought a genuine one at last year's war and peace but that has just died.I have just fitted a second hand one and we are back running,checked the voltage going into the battery and it's around 34 volts( it always has been).

If this is the problem can you recommend a good auto eletrician close to Leicester who could reset the regulator,its running the standard box.Any help most appreciated as I would like to get home from war and peace( all the way under my own power).

Thanks Simon

6 answers to this question

Thanks,,the voltage gauge has always been in the red since I have had it and it doesn't destroy bulbs or the battery which is strange,i had thought it should be around 28 volts.i will put a request on for a replacement unit.

Thanks Simon

Thanks to all who replied just fitted new regulator and now have just under 28 volts going to battery and the gauge is in the green,so hopefully that will solve my problems till something else happens :D.

Simon