Paratrooper jump wing

Danny P

My son found this paratrooper jump wing and likes to know its origin. I'm not familiar with this topic so help on this is much appreciated. Looks like the wing is bronze and it is signed on the back with G23.

paratrooper jump wing.jpg

Thanks,

Danny and Bas

paratrooper jump wing (2).jpg

My son found this paratrooper jump wing and likes to know its origin. I'm not familiar with this topic so help on this is much appreciated. Looks like the wing is bronze and it is signed on the back with G23.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117194[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]117195[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

Danny and Bas

This looks fairly similar.

http://www.stewartsmilitaryantiques.com/us-post-wwii-pattern-airborne-jump-wings-sterling-clutchback.34436.archive.htm

American, basic para qualification badge , theres also a senior and a master para qualification badge which have a star and a star in a wreath above the 'chute. G23 is a makers mark.

If you want to see pictures of the other badges they're about half way down this page http://www.britishbadge.co.uk/index.php?cPath=37 Link posted for information only

Edited by rdx10

Thank you both. So post war without pin up needle, no value!

Danny and Bas

the pins on the back you might be able to fix fairly easily , the clutch pins are readily available and cheap , if you google butterfly clutch pin you'll find them for sale