Please identify this vehicle

militant-nick

Hello all,

Found this photo of my late grandpa Alan Wormald spraying a truck at RAF Marham in 1948, a CMP truck of some sort? Not seen that body on one either-small workshop body perhaps? Also, anyone know what the 'G.587' refers to - building number?

The text on the photo & below it reads;

MAR.G.587 13-5-48// SPRAYING BAY IN USE

RAF MARHAM 1948 ALAN

Regards

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just a thought, but, given that your grandfather was trained at RAF Yatesbury, which was a signals school, then I suggest that he probably served in the signals wing at RAF Marham, in which case the box-body on the back of the Bedford is most likely a radio version rather than a workshop.

Just a thought and, as a former "brown job", I'm no expert in RAF matters.

10 68

Just a thought, but, given that your grandfather was trained at RAF Yatesbury, which was a signals school, then I suggest that he probably served in the signals wing at RAF Marham, in which case the box-body on the back of the Bedford is most likely a radio version rather than a workshop.

Just a thought and, as a former "brown job", I'm no expert in RAF matters.

10 68

I did wonder the same from the link I put up, This page must be close to it; http://summerof44.org.uk/OldSite/Menu/Vehicles/BedMWV.htm

I'll need to send off for his service record now & find out.