War and Peace Revival 2016, Is anybody going?

julezee001

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if there is a next year show at WPR, if the web site still says don't bother booking if you cannot come for the full 5 days, I won't risk driving 100 miles just to get turned away

Give them a chance to review the last show - it only closed last Sunday and make any changes. If it still says that in a few months time - then they might have problems. I think it's about October time the new booking forms appear.

I had no complaints this year, we all had a good time meeting up with old and new friends, looking at MV's and searching for elusive parts.

One good feature this year which we frequented in the evenings after dinner, was the new Gentleman's Lounge, a lovely atmosphere and good beer, especially the War & Peace Special.

I noticed in the programme that next year's dates are a week later, 25th - 29th July. This should fit in with school holidays.

Having been to all of these shows, including pre-Beltring at Tenterden, I look forward to it every year, and still think of it as "our" event, as it was the annual IMPS military vehicle show.

I had no complaints this year, we all had a good time meeting up with old and new friends, looking at MV's and searching for elusive parts.

One good feature this year which we frequented in the evenings after dinner, was the new Gentleman's Lounge, a lovely atmosphere and good beer, especially the War & Peace Special.

I noticed in the programme that next year's dates are a week later, 25th - 29th July. This should fit in with school holidays.

Having been to all of these shows, including pre-Beltring at Tenterden, I look forward to it every year, and still think of it as "our" event, as it was the annual IMPS military vehicle show.

We had a quite time this year NO heavy armour for various reasons yes the Gentleman's lounge was very good made a few visits during the show, movement on and off the show ground did not experience any issues the marshals were very helpful there was a lot of gaps in the fields and in the store areas but I suspect that's down to the PR that has been talked about a lot on this site. We had to leave early on the Saturday due to other commitments I believe the end of the show was enjoyable. Will I go again next year maybe depends on what arrangements will be made by the new show owner for next year will wait and see.

Al

I thought the Show was much more laid back this year, There were gaps, but in half the pictures the photographer has taken them in places that were empty, in the picture of the C8 if he turned around you would have seen a Guy quad ant, a hagglund BV206, an early Bedford MW, Morris Portee and 17pdr gun, T-16, a scout carrier and a centurion AVRE, Thats just what we took to the show on our stand.

The whole driving vehicles around was much more laid back, I used to have to have someone walking in front of me when driving the Cent and now i don't.... this could be good or bad when you have 52 tonnes going along, But a bren carrier i don't think you need too!

lots of interesting vehicles for the taking.

Got to have a ride on a comet and a good chat about restoring one

And the british battle was good to watch and be in! No let downs on vehicles not turning up either!

Lots of Funny antics at night which you Should expect! will be back next year

• 5 weeks later...

I emailed one of the show staff after I returned home. Below is a copy of that email.

Please see below my comments and complaints about this year's show. I would hope that they are regarded as constructive criticism by your organisers, in order that the show can improve for next year and also that more thought will be given to us exhibitors in relation to our travel plans and limitations we have to impose due to ferry times, work commitments etc.

As someone who has attended the show for over 10 years, I'd like to provide you with some feedback regarding this year's show.

My group travelled over 450 miles to get to the show, by ferry and road, at a fairly considerable cost to us. As the show organisers (eventually) stated that no-one could leave until 6.00am on the Sunday morning, I changed my return ferry booking to accommodate you. This cost me another £75. It also meant that several of my group had to take another day off work, as we wouldn't be arriving home until Monday.

You had stated this was because it wasn't fair on the paying public, who would also be staying late on the Saturday evening to view a fireworks display.

I struggle to understand this logic, as the show closed to the public at tea time and there certainly was no fireworks display! My party would not have been leaving, as we have done in previous years, until around 8pm. Therefore we would definitely not have been letting the public down. Also, I noted that quite a few exhibitors packed up and left by Saturday evening, some 10 to 12 hours before your stated leaving time.

Taking all of the above into consideration I feel that at future shows, you should allow exhibitors to leave from tea time on the Saturday, otherwise I can see lots of them not coming back.

I noted that there weren't as many exhibitors at this year's show, with far less heavy armour there. And what happened to all the battle re-enactments with all their fantastic pyrotechnics that previous shows have been famous for? They were conspicuous by their absence.

I also noted there were less traders stalls, so unlike in previous years, I found few that were of interest to me.

In relation to the toilets and showers, I'm really struggling to work out what my £10 has paid for. The toilets were definitely no cleaner than last year's and I saw a cockroach in one of the cubicles! As for the showers, they were cold most of the time and the drains blocked up, meaning I had to stand in a shower tray full of water.

Regarding booking in, it was good that the office opened earlier than advertised, as we were tired after a long journey and just wanted to get our tents set up asap. However, when I went to book in, the chap behind the desk insisted for several minutes that I owed another £60 for two extra adult passes and wouldn't believe me when I told him I'd paid everything online. This caused me some embarrassment in front of other exhibitors until he eventually realised I had pre-paid in full. To be fair to him, he did apologise once he realised his error. Perhaps leaving space on your online booking form to add the names of any additional members of my party could help rectify this problem.

To sum up, myself and my friends did enjoy the show, though, for the reasons stated above, not as much as in previous years. Please take on board my comments, and no doubt those of others who have probably written to you, and make next year's show one to remember for all the right reasons.

I received a reply which said that feedback was appreciated and taken seriously and that they had already begun addressing some of the issues which people had raised. We'll see!

Well there were battles with pyro, however, there was only one battle each day this year..

Previously there was a morning battle and an afternoon one :)

Our group usually did 2, this year we only had one slot.

• 6 months later...