Certificate of Conformity

How do I get hold of a copy of the certificate of conformity for my MJ?

I've filled in my VTG1 after receiving confirmation of the correct Chassis number, under run bars have been fitted, VOSA test has been booked and I'm currently filling out the V55/5 but there are several questions relating to the cert. of conformity.

I'm guessing that the Bedford should have one as it's a pretty standard vehicle and thousands were produced but how do I actually get hold of a copy or view a copy? Web searches are coming up with lots of questions but no answers :embarrassed:

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks for the advice. I'll fill in what I can. I'm just surprised that such a popular and numerous vehicle doesn't have a C of C that can be viewed online somewhere especially since it's so closely related to a popular road vehicle.

One thing I would say, I have frequently called the DVLA trying to get a vehicle registered and have no issues, even when receiving a letter advising application was not valid, treated them as a human beings, I always started on the lines of HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and asked the questions I needed to answer, they have helped me with no issues, if they were unsure asked me and vice versa.

Others may have had issues and no doubt will say so but not in my experience.

Edited by Surveyor
Additional info

Thanks for the advice. I'll fill in what I can. I'm just surprised that such a popular and numerous vehicle doesn't have a C of C that can be viewed online somewhere especially since it's so closely related to a popular road vehicle.

Hi Trapper,

Go to this thread from two years ago, the last two posts on the page will answer your question.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?42329-Importation-to-France-without-a-Certificate-of-Conformity/page2