Job Offer.

paulob1

1st May 2017. opening day.

We have our new man. He is a very experienced engineer with a broad range of additional skills that will all go to helping him work on the varied and interesting projects we have.. He is going to get us organised with schedules and plans and maintenance programs. His first job is to get the museum temporary workshops up and operational. then we start the job of moving the vehicles in prepping them for the museum opening day.

the opening day will be a Bank Holiday Monday, with vehicles campers arriving on the Sunday some on saturday who may have complicated dsiplays to erect. we have a few re-enacters coming all cold war era but every one is welcome.

its the first event so I dont expect massive numbers but hopefully some of you guys will come along.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly after a false start we are back in the market for a full time engineer mechanic etc. No joy has come from the numerous parties, we had one guy start then sadly change his mind. This was disappointing but understandable. SO if anyone wants a full time job away from the madding crowd working in the new Museum please get in touch.

first job is get the chieftain tidied up..then build the marquees and tents for the museum...although we will start that in the coming weeks.

Sadly after a false start we are back in the market for a full time engineer mechanic etc. No joy has come from the numerous parties, we had one guy start then sadly change his mind. This was disappointing but understandable. SO if anyone wants a full time job away from the madding crowd working in the new Museum please get in touch.

first job is get the chieftain tidied up..then build the marquees and tents for the museum...although we will start that in the coming weeks.

If I didn't have my own Engineering Business and Military Vehicle collection I'd be there! I can weld, Mill, Turn, Fabricate, Drive a crane, Fork truck, digger (tracked and wheeled) I'm a good mechanic, good with hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic systems and familiar with a large number of British, American and Russian vehicles from 1/4 ton to Tanks. used to running a team and self motivated. (ok with a paint brush as well) haha bugger! my perfect job!

Good luck with your search, its a cracking sounding job, I'm sure you will find someone soon.

Is a drivers license essential, as I know someone who cannot drive at the moment but is fit to work.

driving is not essential but important, if he has lost his licence then we can sort that over time and training will be given to get him up to C+E and tracked class.

he needs to be good with spanners and old vehicles welding and electrics.. etc

If the controlled epilepsy is not going to cause issues with insurance I'm free Paul.

a very good neighbour spent a great deal of time with me as a boy he had epilepsy and it was uncontrolled in those days, didnt put me off then doesn't now.

a very good neighbour spent a great deal of time with me as a boy he had epilepsy and it was uncontrolled in those days, didnt put me off then doesn't now.

I'd be interested then Paul. Spent long enough working on old vehicles and am a qualified toolmaker so quite at home with machinery, gas and arc welders. Not good on MiG through lack of practice. As you know I hold the tracked license. What I cannot do now is hold a Class 1 (C+E) any more for legal reasons. Used to have all 3 HGV Classes though.

I have a building background, a C licence (Dutch), started a welding education and have a get it done attitude.

My back injury is controlled by medication and if I do get the job you have a loyal employee that does the extra mile.

The Dutch benefits agency even helps with grants to get me working. If there is a tent or room I can sleep in I can work the hours needed and go by train back to my wife.

I have a building background, a C licence (Dutch), started a welding education and have a get it done attitude.

My back injury is controlled by medication and if I do get the job you have a loyal employee that does the extra mile.

The Dutch benefits agency even helps with grants to get me working. If there is a tent or room I can sleep in I can work the hours needed and go by train back to my wife.

Fantastic,

we have a few options at the moment but we will keep in touch.

Paul