This was the first show we'd been to with our truck.

the organiser's were very helpful as we arrived late due to a breakdown the day before.

we thoroughly enjoyed it, I met one of the guys who i'd spoke to through the forum (nick) and spoke to many other great people while there. The effort that goes into these shows is amazing from the organiser's, staff, vehicle exhibitors, re-enactors,trade stalls etc.

a huge thanks from me and my son, we had a great time.

it was great to meet you nick, hopefully we'll get a few recovery vehicles together for a show and can show how they developed over the years.

This was the first show we'd been to with our truck.

the organiser's were very helpful as we arrived late due to a breakdown the day before.

we thoroughly enjoyed it, I met one of the guys who i'd spoke to through the forum (nick) and spoke to many other great people while there. The effort that goes into these shows is amazing from the organiser's, staff, vehicle exhibitors, re-enactors,trade stalls etc.

a huge thanks from me and my son, we had a great time.

it was great to meet you nick, hopefully we'll get a few recovery vehicles together for a show and can show how they developed over the years.

good to meet you too John, definitely have to get along to Firepower Show in August. More photos to follow later from the Vale.

We would just like to thank everyone for attended this year’s show, from the vehicle owners, re-enactors, displays and trade stalls and sponsors, to the public who visit us over the weekend. Without all of you we don’t have a show and we are deeply grateful to all who helped and came to Wartime in the Vale. Here at Wartime Towers we are still recovering and trying to catch up on sleep, but by all the positive feedback it seems everyone had a great time which was our overall goal. So once again a massive Thank you to you all.

Amy, Emma & the Ashdown Team

:thanx:

Dates for next year

17th & 18th June 2017

10th Anniversary Big Bang Show:dancing:

Greeting from Kidderminster !

Firstly, a big congratulations to Emma, Amy and the team for taking-on and further developing the show. Am sure Bob and Shirley James would have been really pleased with the way in which they are carrying the event forward. We certainly are.

Despite the wet weather during the preceding days, the weekend – for the most part turned out well – not least because of the weather, but also the quality and extent of displays, activities and, public attendance (car park seemed quite full on both days !).

As usual, we formed part of the VMARS display, and operated a working NATO Cold-War communications set-up during the early mornings – `relaxing` over the rest of the days. Again displaying the Unimog telex station and VW181 (kubel) radio-car, the theme this time was to set-up in a mobile mode – ready to scarper in the event that the Ruskies spotted our location :D

The Saturday morning VMARS radio-net was busy and, Cadet Civilian Instructor - Pete Coates (see his rather well-equipped Landy below) managed around 70 contacts during an international competition which went-on all weekend.

Also noted is the gradually increase in the number of ex-Bundeswehr NATO vehicles (apart from my own !) – which reflect at least in part what was once the largest European contributor to NATO, with around 500,000 Army personnel. Was good to see several taking part in the arena this year.

Finally, I focussed my photography on the working radio-equipped vehicles this time, and, look forward to seing the images of other vehicles and displays.

Cannot wait for next year !

Cheers

Steve 82

20160619_010159.jpg

20160619_113033.jpg

20160619_113046.jpg

20160619_113837.jpg

20160619_113858.jpg

20160619_113908.jpg

20160620_123258.jpg

20160619_113103.jpg

20160619_113143.jpg

20160619_113133.jpg

20160619_113303.jpg

20160619_113513.jpg

20160619_113644.jpg

20160619_113536_001.jpg

20160617_142539.jpg

20160619_113733.jpg

20160619_113122.jpg

Edited by Steve 82

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Greeting from Kidderminster !

Firstly, a big congratulations to Emma, Amy and the team for taking-on and further developing the show. Am sure Bob and Shirley James would have been really pleased with the way in which they are carrying the event forward. We certainly are.

Despite the wet weather during the preceding days, the weekend – for the most part turned out well – not least because of the weather, but also the quality and extent of displays, activities and, public attendance (car park seemed quite full on both days !).

As usual, we formed part of the VMARS display, and operated a working NATO Cold-War communications set-up during the early mornings – `relaxing` over the rest of the days. Again displaying the Unimog telex station and VW181 (kubel) radio-car, the theme this time was to set-up in a mobile mode – ready to scarper in the event that the Ruskies spotted our location :D

The Saturday morning VMARS radio-net was busy and, Cadet Civilian Instructor - Pete Coates (see his rather well-equipped Landy below) managed around 70 contacts during an international competition which went-on all weekend.

Also noted is the gradually increase in the number of ex-Bundeswehr NATO vehicles (apart from my own !) – which reflect at least in part what was once the largest European contributor to NATO, with around 500,000 Army personnel. Was good to see several taking part in the arena this year.

Finally, I focussed my photography on the working radio-equipped vehicles this time, and, look forward to seing the images of other vehicles and displays.

Cannot wait for next year !

Cheers

Steve 82

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116611[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116612[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116613[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116614[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116632[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]116623[/ATTACH]

Sorry a year late but I have only just seen this. Very kind words and glad you enjoyed the show, hope you enjoyed 2017 as well . Many Thanks.

Sorry a year late but I have only just seen this. Very kind words and glad you enjoyed the show, hope you enjoyed 2017 as well . Many Thanks.

You are welcome ! Unable to make the full weekend this year, but enjoyed the Saturday immensely :)

Will post some pics soon (this site is not very user-friendly for posting bulk pics !)

Cheers,

Steve