Sentinel aircraft tug

Hi there im matt from the Oxfordshire area. Iv always had a keen intrest in all military and vintage vehicles but not yet been lucky enough to own one. I am hoping to find some information about a sentinel aircraft tug that was in my family for a fair few years. It was ex raf and originally had a rolls Royce petrol engine but was later fitted with a Leyland diesel engine. It was owned by my uncle for around 10 years and my other uncle for about 5 years before that. It was sold to someone from the britannia trust in roughly 2005 to be used to tow the britania at kemble.sadly the buyer called my uncle 3 months later and asked if he would like to buy it back as he had bought another.i recently found a photo of it on here in a scrap yard but the post was from 2011. I know it's a bit of a long shot but I am hoping someone will remember which scrapyard it was seen in. Thanks in advance, matt

8684396956_2ba5f9e353_b.jpg

attachment.jpg

Edited by matt199

• 2 months later...
Hi there im matt from the Oxfordshire area. Iv always had a keen intrest in all military and vintage vehicles but not yet been lucky enough to own one. I am hoping to find some information about a sentinel aircraft tug that was in my family for a fair few years. It was ex raf and originally had a rolls Royce petrol engine but was later fitted with a Leyland diesel engine. It was owned by my uncle for around 10 years and my other uncle for about 5 years before that. It was sold to someone from the britannia trust in roughly 2005 to be used to tow the britania at kemble.sadly the buyer called my uncle 3 months later and asked if he would like to buy it back as he had bought another.i recently found a photo of it on here in a scrap yard but the post was from 2011. I know it's a bit of a long shot but I am hoping someone will remember which scrapyard it was seen in. Thanks in advance, matt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115531[/ATTACH]

Wow. that's an unusual looking vehicle. It's not one that I recognise, but you may find someone on here who can help. You should start a thread in one of the vehicle sections of the site (the introductions section doesn't get as much engagement)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115531[/ATTACH]

Hi Matt, I now have this truck, it was at J Hirst scrap metals of St Mary Bourne Andover, they are now closed down. I have owned it since about 2012.

Alan

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2017 at 10:07 PM, Alaniow said:

Hi Matt, I now have this truck, it was at J Hirst scrap metals of St Mary Bourne Andover, they are now closed down. I have owned it since about 2012.

Alan

sorry i have only just seen this, thank you for your reply, i am so glad it has been saved

• 3 years later...

Alan

Hi Alan do you still have this truck please if not do you know who has

Alan

Hi Alan do you still have this truck please if not do you know who has

• 3 weeks later...