Albion CX22s

Davie

Here's another pic, taken the day it arrived at my place. Thats my mate Sandy beside it, He has a stalwart that needs an engine by the way, any one got a good B81 engine up for grabs? Anyway at the moment work is proceeding on the Albion cab woodwork, a joiner pal is doing it for me as I rewired his house for free. There's nothing like a bit of barter now and again. After the cab is sorted the plan is to lift off the rear body And shotblast the chassis etc. Mechanically it is in pretty good order, I've rebuilt the brake servos, and repaired the diesel tank. Apart from that I'll change the oils, filters etc and give it a good going over with the grease gun and see how she goes. Makes it sound all too easy Doesn't it! Cheers for now, Davie.

Nice to see another ALBION CX 22 Good luck with it .If we can be of any help in its restoration We have had one for 35 years .Their where a CX22 &CX24 at Woolwich .I think the CX22 Went to LEA ON SEA to a boatyard . . Lost track of it then ? T CORBIN

Thanks for that, I take it you are the man who owns the CX22 named Helen? I know of several others up in this neck of the woods, I'll have a rummage and find some more photos to post. Davie.

David - don't know if your mate would be interested but there is a Mk 1 Stalwart up for grabs on eBay right now - apparently the only mechanical problem is a seized clutch. Link is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alvis-stalwart-mk1-for-spares-or-repair_W0QQitemZ200153063570QQihZ010QQcategoryZ122309QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last I saw it was sitting just under £1,000

Nice to see another ALBION CX 22 Good luck with it .If we can be of any help in its restoration We have had one for 35 years .Their where a CX22 &CX24 at Woolwich .I think the CX22 Went to LEA ON SEA to a boatyard . . Lost track of it then ? T CORBIN

You're right Tony. There was one at Leigh On Sea - sometime late eighties, early nineties. I managed to take one rubbish snap of it before the beauty vanished.

Here ara some more cx22 pics.They were taken about five years ago in Cuthbertsons yard in Biggar. Thats the place that made the Cuthbertson tracked conversion for land rovers. Sadly they are gone now, I don't know if they were scrapped or if someone saved them. Davie.

• 3 weeks later...

The 4 CX22s at Biggar were offered for sale a while ago and were very reasonably priced at £4000 for the lot initially. I tried to raise the cash unsuccesfully. It would have cost this ammount to get them back home again. There were a few time wasters and no other buyers and they had to be moved off site so they were scrapped in the end. Shame but no one else was interested! One of the vehicles was 100% complete with the canvas rolled up in the back!

The 4 CX22s at Biggar were offered for sale a while ago and were very reasonably priced at £4000 for the lot initially. I tried to raise the cash unsuccesfully. It would have cost this ammount to get them back home again. There were a few time wasters and no other buyers and they had to be moved off site so they were scrapped in the end. Shame but no one else was interested! One of the vehicles was 100% complete with the canvas rolled up in the back!

What A Crying Shame................. :cry: :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a couple more Albion shots, taken by Sandy McNeil some years ago. The first is at Biggar again. The second was taken at Bo'ness steam railway workshops. It's not there now, anyone have any idea where she went?

Davie.