Military Trailer ??

004.jpgJust thought id post a picture of a trailer my farming neighbour has,was looking at a fairground related magazine in the newsagents & saw a picture of this trailer being towed by an old foden type lorry,the paragraph said it was an ex military "platform"trailer whatever that refers to? anyway it may be for sale if its of any interest as its only being used for keeping poles off the ground nowadays...

Just thought id post a picture of a trailer my farming neighbour has,was looking at a fairground related magazine in the newsagents & saw a picture of this trailer being towed by an old foden type lorry,the paragraph said it was an ex military "platform"trailer whatever that refers to? anyway it may be for sale if its of any interest as its only being used for keeping poles off the ground nowadays...

Coincidentally it looks to be the sort of flatbed trailer seen in the current threads in "British vehicles" being towed by RAF Fordson Tructors through the streets of Liverpool loaded with P38 Lightnings

A friend of mine had one of these on his farm; it was too heavy (it had a thick Kerouin hard wood deck to add extra weight) to be of much use in the days of small bales but now would be good for big bales which are much more densely packed. It was also long and I considered shortening it. The tyres were a problem size as I remember. I am sure it had a plate on it which related to R.A.F. heritage I didn't think it was as old as WW2. I am fairly sure it went to China but it might still be there out of sight.

• 3 years later...