Trailer 1 ton cargo

I went to see some items today in the May sunshine. It was at the request of a daughter of a deceased chap who worked with John Charnley of hip replacement fame. There was this 1 ton trailer as you can see still with the lenses present but not moved for 10 years, If it is of interest then consider an offer as she does not know about value. Located in Shevington just north of Wigan, I will help. I have no financial interest.

1 ton a.jpg

• 6 months later...

Nice pic of this trailer, even if the subject is a little overgrown. This trailer had several different lighting plans. This is, I think, the last with outriggers carrying lights, reflectors at front and rear, and the number plate at rear left. I am making a model of the beast; I can cope with the lights, but can anyone tell me where the number plate was carried on the first version, when there were just a couple of red lights mounted on the outside of the rear?

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've answered my owm question by asking Les Freathy (well known modeller and also the author of a couple of well known (well, if they're not, they should be) books on British Softskins) if he had any info. The text of his answer was not very encouraging but he attached a pic of the water tank version of this trailer which reveals that the number plate (vertical format - three lines with two digits on each) was attached to the right hand (yes RIGHT) mudguard just above the refective T trailer marking (of the time). It surprised me as the later light fitting had the number plate attached to the outrigger to the left of the tailboard - you can see the frame for it on the pic above..

Chris