CHEVROLET C60L Tractor units

Hi all , Has anybody greased the front Tracta units on a Chevrolet C60L , I cannot see where you put the grease it looks like you may have to remove the plate on the top which has about four bolts , I have yet to find a workshop manual for this lorry , Any help would be appreciated , Paul.

Don't remove the plate on the top Paul this is the top cover for the king pins. What you are looking for is the small recessed slotted plug on the back of the ball housing remove this and screw in a grease fitting and fill carefully with liquid grease be careful not to overfill.

Pete

Don't remove the plate on the top Paul this is the top cover for the king pins. What you are looking for is the small recessed slotted plug on the back of the ball housing remove this and screw in a grease fitting and fill carefully with liquid grease be careful not to overfill.

Pete

Thanks Pete , I will have a look after work tomorrow that is the only lubrication job i have left to do , I was pleasantly surprised to find all the grease nipples took grease , Not bad for a 1945 Motor ,