Like button on posts

rog8811

Have never seen that happen on a forum like this

Correction

The wording should have been "reply with quote" Then the message gets transferred to a new date.

Just like I have done now.

I thought that the issue was not with the order of replies in a thread, but the order that the threads appear on the New Posts etc pages. There is no programming reason why one could not retain date order in the thread, but just have a like button to mark a thread as being 'updated'. I am not really concerned whether a change will be made, because I trust the people who make any decision 'like' that will make a good decision. The only thing that needs to be avoided is the passive aggression that happens every time someone questions the status quo - as it is disrespectful of other people's opinions.

trevor

I agree -I think there are two different issues being discussed on this thread.

1) whether a like button would be nice to feed back appreciation to an author.

2) whether pressing like should change the post order so popular threads are prioritised.

Personally, I quite like the first as if you're new to the hobby some of the more polarised discussions can be difficult to follow. Sometimes wrong people can be more noisy than right people ;) :banghead:

I've seen on other forums that a "like" count helps with differentiating good information from bad, without stifling the discussion. E.g. person A says it's left hand thread, person B says it's right hand, take a look at the likes and you can see who most people agree with.

That's good feedback that doesn't end up in an argument, though luckily we're a more reasonable crowd on here than on many internet forums and don't suffer from too many heated discussions.