road register tracked vechicle

I was told its best not to put the width in on the v55 form and it mite be ok, the last time i registered a fv432 back in 2013, i use the blue mod form for proof of identification, i do not have this for the CET FV180.

I am a farmer, so may try to go down the agricultural registration route if its easier as it will be used on the farm for soil moving jobs

Regards Andrew

I was told its best not to put the width in on the v55 form and it mite be ok, the last time i registered a fv432 back in 2013, i use the blue mod form for proof of identification, i do not have this for the CET FV180.

I am a farmer, so may try to go down the agricultural registration route if its easier as it will be used on the farm for soil moving jobs

Regards Andrew

I have registered quite a few "odd" vehicle types with DVLA lately and the best advice I can give you is be up front with them.

The CET is overwidth so register it as Agricultural and STATE the width.

Be sure to stick to the requirements of registering it as Agricultural - passing from land occupied to other land occupied and a maximum distance per week (or something along the lines of).

The days of missing information like width etc will only raise their suspicions and your V55 will be returned to you as unable to process.

The only way you will be able to register the CET is as Agricultural due to the width.

I'd suggest a covering letter to tell them what you are doing with the vehicle.

Markheliops

• 4 months later...