Canadian Rules

Greetings all!

I'm keen to add a hanger mate to my current pair of 'toys' and I'm hoping some of you might be willing to help me. I've been burning up lots of phone time trying to get straight answers from the various government departments...Transport Canada, Ministry of Transport Ontario, CBSA, etc., but so far only TC has answered.

I'm interested in something like a BRDM-2, eventually looking at something like an OT-64. As far as TC is concerned, the BRDM is not their concern, and the OT64 will only be of interest if it was built after 1971 (in which case, due to having more than 10 'seats' it would be considered a bus and not eligible for importation)

Can anyone out there help shed some light on the murky world of government bureaucracy?

Mike

• 1 month later...

Both vehicles fall under the Controlled Goods Directorate and require you to register with the program before importation. Both vehicles would be eligible for import under CGD. Don't worry about Transport Canada, not their department as they are considered "ground fighting vehicles" and import and export is controlled. Hope this helps.

John