Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: It's here! (Bedford RL)

Default Re: It's here! (Bedford RL)

One tip you probably already know - the distributor clamp, if it's the one which is essentially just a folded piece of sheet steel, is easy to distort by overtightening the pinch bolt - it only needs to be pinched up fairly lightly.

Lights look fine and can always be changed later. Look at all the AFS trucks running around with those big square Rubbolite units on.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sean N View Post
    There is an old saying - "when an old man dies, it's as though a whole library has been burnt". I wish there was some way of downloading the knowledge of the Franks of this world. Forums like this are a start.
    Unfortunate but very true. The main problem is, the stereotypical Frank is an unassuming bloke who is quite modest and doesn't see himself, or his knowledge, as being anything special. He does what he does, but no one notices until after he's gone
    Rob
    Zero-Five-Two

If at first you dont succeed, get a bigger hammer........... avoid the disappointment and use the big hammer in the first place

One Militant is not enough

1954 AEC Militant Mk1 Timber Tractor 01BP60........aka. 375 UXK

1954 AEC Militant Mk1 Fuel Tanker 65BN57.......aka. 294 UYU

Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Five-Two View Post
    Unfortunate but very true. The main problem is, the stereotypical Frank is an unassuming bloke who is quite modest and doesn't see himself, or his knowledge, as being anything special. He does what he does, but no one notices until after he's gone
    Very very true, unfortunately.

(Same with all those parts places that are wall to wall shelves with scruffy little cardboard boxes, and the old guy behind the counter who knows where everything is; even if you're looking for that 1958-only counter-clockwise turbo-retro-encabulator that's just a strange assembly with spinny bits and a collection of springs to everyone else.

Then the Franks pass on, and you get left with the spotty young kid who's job is apparently just to tell you that the computer can't find the part you need because it doesn't recognise your chassis or registration number.
    )

But I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean N View Post
    Post what you need with photos, might have it or be able to find it.
    These are the bits I have: The plastic top cap, and part of the control valve.

They go in here:

(CTS circled it while they were taking pictures to send to their sources and whatnot.)

After prodding, poking, mapping the ports out, and headscratching, I have a rough idea of how it might've worked, and possibly what bits I'm missing (I think I have a drawing somewhere on my desk. I know I made a drawing, it's just finding it. I organise geologically; think sedimentary.. ); but that's not the same as knowing what was actually there and how it actually worked.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread Information