You Yell, We Shell Like Hell

andym

Andy, the trick with the wood is the choice of the wood to begin with, poplar and bass woods are great for painting, close grained and very much knot free.

A coat of varnish first seals the surface and your away to the races.

Robin

Edited by robin craig

Andy, the trick with the wood is the choice of the wood to begin with, polar and bass woods are great for painting, close grained and very much knot free.

A coat of varnish first seals the surface and your away to the races.

Robin

Yes, thanks Robin - I'm now investigating a couple of offers for wooden ones.

Andy

Yeah that could be done Andy. Gimme a shout if you need

Hi sorry to highjack this but would you have any idea how much the cost would be for a 105 howitzer shell and case simmilar to the pics posted but with a brass case on the bottom. could do with about 20 ish if the price is good.

Hi sorry to highjack this but would you have any idea how much the cost would be for a 105 howitzer shell and case simmilar to the pics posted but with a brass case on the bottom. could do with about 20 ish if the price is good.

Would need either dimensions or one to copy but I'm seeing the chap Thurs so I'll see what he thinks

Would need either dimensions or one to copy but I'm seeing the chap Thurs so I'll see what he thinks

Cheers for getting back, shell and shell case together 32 inches and dia 105mm top 10 inches of shell taper from 105mm to a point.

I do have one as a copy too.

• 5 months later...
Thanks Iain, it's not just the shells themselves, ideally the paint and markings too. I'm trying to replicate this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112735[/ATTACH]

Andy

Hi Andy. I can make plastic resin shells. Are these 155 or 105 shells. I already have the mold made for the 155s. See photos. I can do any caliber as long as an original can be found to make the initial mold from.

155 how shells 3 003.jpg

155 how shells 3 009.jpg

155 how shells 3 001.jpg

Hi Andy. I can make plastic resin shells. Are these 155 or 105 shells. I already have the mold made for the 155s. See photos. I can do any caliber as long as an original can be found to make the initial mold from.

I've already found a couple of sources thanks, but I'll keep you on record in case they don't come good.

Andy