IMPS Agreement for entry to War and Peace.

Markheliops

Hi all.

From the latest IMPS newsletter regarding the agreement between the club and the War and Peace organisers:

I have removed particulars that do not deal directly with entry into the show as these are not relevant for non-IMPS members.

IMPS/WAR & PEACE REVIVAL AGREEMENT

Following is a summary of the revised IMPS/W&PR Agreement

1. IMPS Club members VEHICLES enjoy free entry for up to TWO adults & two children after two years of continuous club

membership. BOTH adults must be members of the IMPS to receive free entry. Any non members will need to purchase a show

(NB. All vehicle entries, regardless of whether affiliated to a club or not, and including MVT and IMPS, are required to pay £10 per entry form towards provision of 24 hour toilet facilities. This fee is per entry, so if more than one vehicle on an entry still only £10 for the entry).

Please note that paper entry forms will not be issued. All entries will be done no line through the W&P Revival website.

I don't feel it is fair in regard to both adults having to be IMPS members.

ie. If you are a IMPS member but your partner isn't you'll have to pay for her / his entry into the show, regardless of what or how many vehicles you are bringing.

I also feel sorry for the hundreds of owners who "don't do" the internet - no paper entries........

I have to be honest but I'm struggling to think of a reason to attend the show anymore and I feel quite sad about that.

If I do attend I will come to meet friends and have a social.

The days of transporting heavy tanks and various different vehicles to the show are long behind me.

Markheliops

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The alternative Mark, you could enter the "Rugged Boys" group, as an example 50 names as a "Living History" display, its a FREE entry for all the named exhibitors, and the The Group would only pay £10 services fee for showers/toilets.for All the 50 named people! ...the system is not really fair, ..doubt if I will be there either this year

Edited by Nick Johns

We have taken vehicles to the WAR&PEACE show before it went to the hop farm . The last 2 years 3& 4 trucks .One year 7 . Not any more . As a imps member it will cost over £100 this year to enter .One imps member 4 non members 1 support vehicle .Without the cost of getting them their. I will still go by car and pay but not take any trucks T CORBIN

Please note that paper entry forms will not be issued. All entries will be done no line through the W&P Revival website.

Hi Mark,

Not entirely correct. The booking form, much the same as previous one, can be printed off their website and posted to the organisers, that is how I am entering, have it right here in front of me. I guess what they meant was that printed ones would not be distributed as in the past.

See you there.

regards, Richard

And still we are being asked to sign up terms and conditions without first having sight of them

Yes indeed

"An Exhibitors Information Booklet will be included in your Welcome Pack and will include all of the shows rules and regulations, which you are required to abide by. On arrival you will be asked to sign agreeing to the show rules."

When you submit an entry you seem to have to be saying you agree to that arrangement.

So I have to spend hundreds on taking vehicles there, pay £10 (as an IMPS member) towards facilities that they are legally obliged to provide anyway, and my wife (non IMPS member) cannot even get in for free? Most shows offer free entry to 2 adults and 2 children accompanying a vehicle entry as standard terms.

I'm beginning to think I might give this a miss for the first time since the mid-90s. Maybe I'll focus my effort on Headcorn and Capel, both of which are run by and for enthusiasts.

- MG

It's all getting to be rather too tedious for words isn't it, not publishing the terms and conditions is just plain silly, however can anyone book with confidence that they won't be turned away because something about their vehicle or setup breaks the rules..it's bonkers!

Them not replying to our queries on here ain't a good sign either...

Them not replying to our queries on here ain't a good sign either...

I don't necessarily expect a forum response, but I do expect a response at some stage, if you politely raise a query via email. I wrote several months ago but have had no reply.

I don't necessarily expect a forum response, but I do expect a response at some stage, if you politely raise a query via email. I wrote several months ago but have had no reply.

If I was running a show I'd be taking every opportunity to keep potential exhibitors informed and happy at all times, I would be proactive not nonreactive, people need to plan ahead and they do need to know.

Glad Ive read this post now, as it may explain a few things ! I'm the organiser of the Yorkshire Wartime Experience show in Yorkshire http://www.ywe-event.info 8-10th July Last year we had a lot more military vehicle entries due to W&P, this year it's done nuts as I've already recieved 57 entries. Having spoken with a few of the entrants, they've all said the same thing. No more W&P for them, which to be fair is a real shame !!

If I was running a show I'd be taking every opportunity to keep potential exhibitors informed and happy at all times, I would be proactive not nonreactive, people need to plan ahead and they do need to know.

100% agree. You should take all opportunities to get your 'message' out there. The event is only 6 months away, their first year at it - you need ALL the goodwill you can get. That said, there are other shows available.

Quite a long article/interview in latest CMV magazine with John Allison about his plans for W&PR, so he has clearly decided where to spend his time and effort to get his message out.

Makes very interesting reading, by tone as much as what is actually said.

But I expect will not make all on here happy (as if that was ever possible :D).

He was at Malvern in the autumn answering questions, so am sure he and his team will be at Stoneleigh too.

Quite a long article/interview in latest CMV magazine with John Allison about his plans for W&PR, so he has clearly decided where to spend his time and effort to get his message out.

Makes very interesting reading, by tone as much as what is actually said.

But I expect will not make all on here happy (as if that was ever possible :D).

He was at Malvern in the autumn answering questions, so am sure he and his team will be at Stoneleigh too.

CMV doesn't really have the circulation these days - so I hope their social media strategy is extensive :-)

CMV doesn't really have the circulation these days - so I hope their social media strategy is extensive :-)

I wouldn't get your hopes up by the nill response so far - shame W&P was a good show back in the day - still there are many good shows out there that you don't have to pay to enter a vehicle just turn up and be welcomed by the organisers rather than accountants, or am I cynical

I wouldn't get your hopes up by the nill response so far - shame W&P was a good show back in the day - still there are many good shows out there that you don't have to pay to enter a vehicle just turn up and be welcomed by the organisers rather than accountants, or am I cynical

Don't think you are being cynical Baz. It's crazy to be staging the biggest show of it's kind on the planet and have next to zero engagement with your customers. It's the quickest way to lose market share. Complacency, kills. There are enough great shows in the UK that would love to have you. If us Brits are finding it hard to understand the new charges and rules then spare a thought for our European cousins.....

In my opinion, attendance has been down at W&P over the last couple of years and I don't expect a change this year. The online booking was still charging me full price despite being an IMPS member - when does the price change? Those of you who have booked.

I should get round to doing it but almost cant be bothered if it were not for the rest of my mates going.

I raised some of the IMPS concerns over W and P on another forum and John Allison posted the following ( you dont have my queries below, but I think you can work out what points he is answering......quite robustly); he clearly holds views 180 degrees from some people at least on this site. I cannot really accept that past practice by members to minimise cost of entry could be classed as a scam, as it was within the rules. But hey ho. I think it is still likely to be a good value show but I can sympathise with folk who have serious multi- vehicle entries. Here is what he says:

Item 1 :- I did pay for W&P it was not a gift,,,,,, if the corporate print companies had got hold of it ,,,the £10 charge for loos & showers would be the last of your issues

Item2, IMPS still have an allocation of tickets for their members fact ,,,, NOTE imps never had free entry ,,,, IMPS & W&P had a financial contra agreement IMPS did not take monies in return but entry tickets issued to IMPS members

Item 3;- one of the many scams in getting your mates in !!! having sat at booking in all day it was rather sad being honest ,,, Mr imps man books in his vehicle £25 two adults both meant to be imps members + two children along with his four other vehicles all complete with 4 persons in each YET none being imps members other than the driver booking in ,,,the loss being either IMPS membership or W&P ticket sale ?

Item 4 ;- based on item 3 its approximately 6 out of every 10 vehicles ran this scam ,,,question they all go for a number 1 & 2 every day and they are happy for me to pay for the removal of said items,,, I forgot plus a shower

Item 5, going back to item 3 mr imps with his 5 vehicles ,,,he + his team have arrived for their ten day holiday,,, YES over 80 % of all bookings arrive for the 10 days PS its £25 + £10 total £35,, 2016,, for ten day hols and all you have to do is bring a MV

Item 6 ;- if you don’t want to pay your £35 to enjoy the show for ten days ,,,,, bring nothing and pay for public camping £200 ,,, or park in public car park buy day ticket walk round,,,, SORRY i am a bit tight i will go for the £35 option

Item 7 ;- Service charge brought about by you the visitor ,,,you brought the issue of loos & showers not enough & unclean,, easy fix £10 charge loos & shower cleaners 24 hrs a day,, simple

Item 8 ;- you don’t have a show without my MV mr organiser !! correct PS without me you dont have no show to attend ? PS its £35 for ten days camping have a great ten day looking around the stalls and mv if you wish ?

Item 9 ;-attractions stall holders over 90% of the visitor attend the stalls ,,, A thought when I attend Netley Marsh bike jumble I get charged £60 to camp ,,,that was for one night ,,,STILL i do like going around the stalls

Item 10;- booking in ,,,the picture,,, yes the size was incorrect and yes we altered this all being correct on the website ,,, question why did no one kindly drop an email to say you could do with looking at this problem ?,,,,, reason for picture ,,,,to stop another scam people booking in and not even having a vehicle ! still it was cheap £25 ten day holiday,,,, REF mv & motor cycle or private vehicle & motorcycle whats the problem your booking form will say what you are exhibiting and the staff will see it your exhibit

Item 11,- Our digital marketing platform has brought back many MV owners that have not been to W&P for many years plus more traders so the in all we are very happy with progress in the short time in charge

Item 12;- W&P 2016 has elements never seen before ,,, during Malvern people had a sneak preview ,, and all went well

Item 13;- explain why I would set about damaging W&P this is a long term business plan to return my investment

Item 14 ;- just clear up this point the scams do not all point towards the IMPS it applies to MVT also both as bad as each other

I raised some of the IMPS concerns over W and P on another forum ...

Out of interest which forum was this on?

I'm very disappointed he doesn't have a presence on HMVF and I don't think that's a good sign.

I also note with sadness that the show's tag line no longer relates to it being a military vehicle show.

- MG

Edited by TooTallMike