Munga talk...

Snapper

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been away a while so haven't posted on this forum in a long long time, this has mostly been due to ill health and general busyness. Anyway, today is a sad day,,, Having owned my old ex Dutch army munga 4 since 2008, the time has come to let her go. I simply cant spare the time or money to work on her, and I have recently moved and now have a major commute to where she lives. Its a gutting moment for me as I really enjoyed this old girl Anyway, its up for grabs and will be on ebay later this week, the main question is,, what do you guys think I should be asking for her? they rarely seem to pop up on ebay and I haven't seen one on milweb for ages.

Condition wise mines ok, perfect chassis, reasonable body (not rusty!) that I cleaned up and repainted about five years ago before it went into the garage for storage, the last job I did was to install a replacement gearbox after the old one locked up (hi-lo adjuster had failed) since then its not been touched. The engine is a fiat panda-1.3 lump, which is an excellent choice for a power source and the electrics were changed to 12 volts by the old owner. I have managed to find two extra seats for her so she is now a 4 seater, but the seats are in desperate need of re-covering. Its windscreen is in need of new rubber sills and the canvas roof has long gone bye byes, though I still have the roof frame.

The vehicle is currently a non runner but that's only because I have not finished putting it all back together, it wouldn't take much more than an afternoon to get her running again, and maybe a day or so to put her back together properly.

in addition to all the above it comes with a spare gearbox (currently non functional but I'm pretty certain its a minor issue caused by the hi- lo selector. ) and 4 spare tyres that are average condition.

munga3.jpg

munga2.jpg

munga1.jpg

munga3.jpg

munga2.jpg

munga1.jpg

munga4.jpg

munga5.jpg

munga6.jpg

munga7.jpg

munga8.jpg

munga9.jpg

munga10.jpg

munga11.jpg

munga13.jpg

munga14.jpg

munga16.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all   i am still messing around with my munga,  but can anyone tell me the thread type and size for the fittings that go into the brake master cylinder oh and of course the pipe diameter

regards

alex

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just added, to my Munga family.. a little sister...from another mister... for my German 1965 F91/8!!

This one is an ex- Dutch army 1963 F91/4...

Its pretty complete...and solid.. and needs some work/reassembly of the new parts that came with it .....it also...has a few missing parts......namely...a  Fuel tank!!...

any one got a spare for the 4 seater!!?????

even a rough holed one as a pattern???

Engine is an original two stroke three pot!! ...not running at the moment ..but has good compressions...... however.......log book has it as 800cc......the smaller engine!!.. ..but the replacement looks to have 1000cc air filter arrangement???... how would I tell if its the bigger engine???

Is it possible to tell from the engine number alone???

(see pics of engine number)

Hope to get the old girl back up and running.... in the next month.. or so!!!

IMAG2939.jpg

IMAG2959.jpg

IMAG2958.jpg

received_1661724997278795.jpeg

IMAG2945_1.jpg

IMAG2946.jpg

IMAG2957.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fine! congratulation. I had contact with the former owner in the UK about 12 years ago. Is a car of the Dutch Army, built in July 1963. Well, a tank for the Munga 4 is not a problem.

Since the car has a fresh oil automatic, you really need no mixing device in the tank.

The engine number starts with "8862", then it is a 1000 cc engine with 44 hp! 

Battery, ignition cable and the remote thermometer are missing. Otherwise the engine compartment looks completely exhausted. Windscreen washer is not retrofitted.

A tiny little thing ... at the front tow hook the clip is missing😎

Hi all☺

New here and have nearly finished reading all 40 pages on this forum. I was wondering if there is any proof of one of these little darlings was ever made with four wheel steering, after having a good look at the setting of steering and suspension and breaks on the back end, it kind of stood out to me. I understand that making so many parts interchangeable from front to back is financial and mechanically clever but if this thought has  hit my little mind then maybe it could have been an option in exploring from production. 

Cheers Ashley. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Members of the MUNGA IG can borrow tools. However, the return shipment is much too expensive.

A member has made stable reproductions and offers them. I cannot judge whether a stock is currently available. Simply contact the MUNGA-IG.

With other tools it is very problematic to remove the wheel hub. Parts can warp or be damaged.