Munga talk...

Snapper

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that I have booked my Munga into The Great Dorset Steam Fair this year so if you do come don't forget to come and have a chat to an old Munga man and his Dutch one.

munga-09.jpg

By the way I do need a new full hood if anybody knows where to get one. I know Kempers have them but they are £1200 odd.

Hi Greengrass long time no hear!!!

good to see your still enjoying your 4!!!

did you recognise the Munga 6/8 you sold me????

looks a bit different after a couple of years of graft eh!!!

dorset is a little bit too far for me!!!! otherwise I would come and have a chinwag and show you how the ole girl is now!!!

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that I have booked my Munga into The Great Dorset Steam Fair this year so if you do come don't forget to come and have a chat to an old Munga man and his Dutch one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91764[/ATTACH]

By the way I do need a new full hood if anybody knows where to get one. I know Kempers have them but they are £1200 odd.

VERY NICE ! what does the white sign say ? and can you post a closeup of the spotlamp? no NL on the sidepanel, is there a reason ?

Munga is away at a friends garage having the exhaust tweaked , few touching up jobs when its on the ramp , then across the road for an mot ...hopefully a few runs this weekend with it all being well . lad at the garage wanted to buy it ,erm no!!!!:nut:

Its has an mot!!!!

just a couple of things to sort then its hit the road , drove it briefly for the first time tonight , feels fragile compared to the Willys!!

can anyone tell me please does the T handle on the dash stay in or out for normal driving?

mt1.jpg

mt2.jpg

mt3.jpg

Good to see all your Munga's are out and about!!!.... can you tell me ???? on your M.O.T. did your tester scratch his head when you mentioned constant 4WD... for the brake roller test!!!! as they cant be tested on standard single axle brake test rollers!!! you could hear the brain cogs whirring on the bloke who did mine !!! shortest mot test iv'e ever had... minus.all the emission tests etc!!!!:D

my tester listens after egnoring me when i told him he could not youse brake rolers on my 4x4 kangoo van ,he was stood in front of it when it poped off the rolers on its last mot ,youses a tetla meter now when you mention permanant 4x4.

It is not possible to go on a brake tester!

Since there is always a four-wheel drive, a brake tester can not be used.

Caution!!!

The handle in the dashboard is for the gear reduction, only switch in lower speeds on difficult terrain!

Attention, top note!!!!!

Ullrich

Hi Guys

Well mine was tested at the local MOT garage and when I took it in I lowered the screen and said it was permanent 4 wheel drive. The tester did not put it on the rollers but used a brake meter on the floor when he took it and drove it up and down the yard.

As the screen was lowered he said he did not need to check any of the window stuff like wipers etc. and because of the year he did not need to test the emissions. So all he did was check the state of the underneath and the lights and horn and then passed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good !!!!! yes mine seems to be quite a jump up in gear ratios from 3rd to 4th... I guess its to give it a higher/quieter top cruising speed!!! it also means it runs out of puff up steady inclines!!! lorry driving tactics "a good run up before a hill" applies!!!

you've obviously checked the carb float chamber level is correct as this is critical for these engines to produce their full power!!! all 44 BHP when new for the 1000:-D ....think mine is a long way off that!!!;) time to drop in the V6 two stroke made from two 3 cylinder units bolted together.. as Auto Union planned to put in at the end of the munga's run before VW took over and made the Iltis instead!!!!!!!!:cool2:

• 3 weeks later...

Any munga owners fancy driving up to us ? think we need another pair of eyes to look it over , someone who drives one ........been out in it tonight ,went like **** off a shovel from the lights .. still doesn't feel right tho ( still prefer the Willys):drive:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How much do you recon this one will make!!!???

been lots of Mungas about on flea/ bay lately most disappear halfway through the auctions ... reserve too high not enough bids take offs??? or private offer buy it nows I wonder!!??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301273309767?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649