WAR & PEACE SHOW 2016_ new website taking online entries

cordenj

I've seen that the new website is working and applications can now be made online or you can print off and send an entry.

There are several changes that I can see. One being the flat fee of £10 per application towards toilets etc for campers (including established IMPS members).

Also, if applying for the free IMPS tickets for multiple vehicles, every driver has to be an established IMPS member.

You have to upload a photo of your vehicle/vehicles, so worth having one of reasonable size ready when starting to complete form.

Talking to the organisers at Malvern on Sunday, entrants planning to enter more than 3 vehicles/trailers/bikes are probably better phoning them direct as the online system only allows three MVs to be registered.

Anyway, I managed to complete it all online.

The new website is here:

https://warandpeacerevival.com/

Military Vehicle booking here:

https://warandpeacerevival.com/military-vehicles/

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several changes that I can see. One being the flat fee of £10 per application towards toilets etc for campers (including established IMPS members).

I saw this & was confused as there was a tick box beside it suggesting it was an option. I did write to them a month ago asking for clarification as I thought the £25 "facility fee" included access to a lavatory. But I have received no reply.

The only facilities I really need are water & an emptying point for my portaloo.

I don't know how the access to lavatories around the site would be policed. Suppose a visitor walking around our exhibits felt the need to use a facility would they be barred from access & told to go to the main trade area where I imagine there would be freer access?

Have I got this right I normal support a group who have a number of vehicals who will need to pay transport costs on top of the below

£30 to park in support car park

£30 to have entry to show

£10 Toilet leavy

£70 in total just to help support just for myself there is normal 10 of us!

Al

Me and my wife are near 3 year IMPS members, my dad and brothers near 2 year members, two vehicles and a few trailers and a spare mechanic and crew car.

Can we get free vehicle and show passes?

£10 per vehicle entry or per group? Slowly the costs gets higher and higher to come and make the show.

Are there alternative shows to go to military show wise? Or Rushden Cavalcade it will be.

So its cheaper to book in a MV with 2 adults . Than MV 1 IMPS member 1 non member . We take 3 to 4 trucks . I am the only IMPS member out of the 4 drivers & crew . We have to have a support truck as it illegal to carry any camping / parts tools etc. Looks like we might not go next year T CORBIN

I saw this & was confused as there was a tick box beside it suggesting it was an option. I did write to them a month ago asking for clarification as I thought the £25 "facility fee" included access to a lavatory. But I have received no reply.

The only facilities I really need are water & an emptying point for my portaloo.

I don't know how the access to lavatories around the site would be policed. Suppose a visitor walking around our exhibits felt the need to use a facility would they be barred from access & told to go to the main trade area where I imagine there would be freer access?

Clive,

From what I read on the website, the £10 is to pay for attendants at each group of toilets through the night. Apparently there had been complaints. I have to say, in the last two years the toilets have been excellent and the cleaning contractor, which is staffed by ex-Gurkhas is to be commended. The guy doing the toilet and shower group near our camp was walking up there at 7am and I think they finished a 6pm. I cannot see why it needs staffing after show hours. If there had been any problems, I sure someone would have mentioned it on here.

Richard I couldn't understand the tick box that seemed to imply it as an optional facility. Yet the general wording suggests there will be that charge to use the facilities but it wasn't clear to me if that was perhaps if one wanted a night time pee.

If it is an obligatory option it would be clearer to make the "facility fee" of £25 that one already pays lumped in with this extra facility fee it would be more honest to charge £35 & be done with it. Even so for a stay for one week then £5 a day is very good value!

I hadn't intended to make this a public issue but it is something that has been raised by others. It annoys me that rather than going public I made a polite query a month ago yet I was ignored.

Clive, I started to fill out the form then got stuck on an ambiguilty regarding support vehicle/campers which I've asked about by email, but had no response as yet, but it's early days.

When filling the form a floating total cost box follows one down the page, it starts at £25.00 if you click the toilet charge box the total goes to £35.00, and presumably totals up all your extra passes and such. So it's optional, I won't be ticking it as I have a camper.

Bernard

I think the new rules for MV entries etc will hit the show attendance hard!

I have brought up to 9 vehicles to the show but if I have to find IMPS drivers for the vehicles or pay for the other vehicles - I don't think I'll bother.

I'm not too fond about paying for toilets and showers either.

I don't use them for a start!

If there was just the £10 charge for toilets I wouldn't mind but put it with the other charges coming into play and the show starts to get a little costly.

Maybe we have been spoiled in the past but considering certain groups bring many vehicles under one entry- I think it will be the show that loses.

Bernard so you realise if you are walking round visiting the other exhibits you will not be entitled to have a pee on your travels & presumably would no member of the public? This would have to be carried out in the main trade area where there would be no restriction? Or are the restrictions just for after dark? I could see that might have unintended consequences for those nearby. :-X

Bernard so you realise if you are walking round visiting the other exhibits you will not be entitled to have a pee on your travels & presumably would no member of the public? This would have to be carried out in the main trade area where there would be no restriction? Or are the restrictions just for after dark? I could see that might have unintended consequences for those nearby. :-X

In all the 20yrs attending I've only used their loos a very few times, apart from the bar urinals, so it's not something I worry about at all...

No doubt now you have raised the subject there will be toilet wristbands issued...

Bernard

Shouldn't the rules and conditions be given before we send our money off?

Quote from booking form:

An Exhibitors Information Booklet will be included in your Welcome Pack and will include all of the shows rules and regulations, which you are required to abide by. On arrival you will be asked to sign agreeing to the show rules.

I have had a look through the IMPS vehicle ehtry form and find it clear as mud! It says there is a £25 "facility fee", whatever that is but in the next sentence says that vehicle entry is free if driver is an IMPS member. Then there is this toilet fee on top of that. For me it gets complicated as I have a Landie entry whuch tows my military bike on a trailer, so I am sole driver of both. So how does that work? Seems like a less than transarent way of dealing with this!:-X

I do hope the new show owner answers the questions being rasied quickly. I would like to think they are montoring comments on all forums to help them. Rex's fairwell speech I think he said he was handing it over to a person who had the same passion has himself for the show.

Al

I have tried a few times to look at the vehicle entry form for non-IMPS folk, but it does not appear to be working, so maybe the site us still work in progress? Certsinly, although the design and layout looks nice, it seems to be a little ramshackle in the way it works and is animated. Hopefully, the forms will be edited to make them intelligible and workable for real people or its going to be very thinly attended!

I've seen that the new website is working and applications can now be made online or you can print off and send an entry.

Also, if applying for the free IMPS tickets for multiple vehicles, every driver has to be an established IMPS member.

You have to upload a photo of your vehicle/vehicles, so worth having one of reasonable size ready when starting to complete form.

Talking to the organisers at Malvern on Sunday, entrants planning to enter more than 3 vehicles/trailers/bikes are probably better phoning them direct as the online system only allows three MVs to be registered.

Anyway, I managed to complete it all online.

The new website is here:

https://warandpeacerevival.com/

Military Vehicle booking here:

https://warandpeacerevival.com/military-vehicles/

War and Peace revival has a new website, an all new booking form. From the post so far, am I correct in assuming there are charges not previously seen for this show, it would appear so and not universally welcome. Am I correct in the terms and conditions will be made available to owners of participating vehicles only after sending off the application and paying up front for the privilege o0f attending, appears so, so assuming there are hidden within the terms and conditions the odd clause at odds with the vehicle owners wishes he is stuck with them assuming the owner would not have chosen to attend if he had been given that information first.

So if I have this correct,

1-you pay to get your vehicle to the show, same as most shows

2-you pay to enter your vehicle in the show, unlike most shows

3-you pay a service charge to be at the show, unlike most shows

4-you pay for each member of your crew, unlike most shows

5-you have to abide by T&C’s without seeing them, unlike any other show I know of

6-you have to submit a photo of each vehicle entered, why remember you own the copyright of photos submitted so it can’t be used without your written authority unless that’s in the T&C’s you can’t see until you pay

7-you pay often large sums of monies for the privilege of owning your vehicle, uniform, or display whatever it is, its upkeep its maintenance and survival, show organisers seldom ask you pay a fee to enter their show as they make monies by encouraging you to attend their show so drawing mum, dad, plus two point five children to payout hard cash to enter the site and marvel at what’s collectively on offer and if they are lucky not get shouted at by some overzealous elf-an-safety offering for transgressing some obscure demarcation line no longer visible on the ground as I’ve witness so many times at previous W&P shows, will this one be any different

8-you can always find a local show close to where you live, or if adventurous further afield. After all for most attending W&P is at best a full day’s drive away, expensive, and looking more of a commercial venture than a military vehicle show for the enthusiast, personal taste will decide????

£30 per car parking (Aux' motors.), for our lot putting on a display, where the public have to pay on the gate. Yep, that's going to work, AGAIN. I thought that the new feller would have learned by Rex's mistakes. Oh well.

I never have and still don't understand some peoples reluctance to pay a few quid for upto 10 days camping including entrance to a show,

If you think £25 is a p*ss take what about stoneleigh £10 for the day.......come on fella's get real.

if you aint got the money, I'm sorry, if your just plain tight then shame on you.

What really make me laugh is people saying how many vehicle they take, which I assume they own, then moan about a few quid...........

The point is without the military vehicles there is no show.. If you are providing an exhibit only and not a stall to sell things on why should you pay?

If you are going to profit from being there then a fee is payable.

surely the cost of transporting my Stollies to the show should exempt me from any charges in the show?