Well, we got into another project last night for a while and did not have a full night on the Ferret.
We hummed and hawed over the seal issue last night for the whole time we had so made no physical progress on the job.
Our decision has been this. The seal we removed had a very thick single lip and the seal was very old and hard. We have spoken with some tech folks here and we have taken into consideration the considerable knowledge that Richard has shed on the subject and formed our conclusion and direction.
The seal we are using is double lipped and is of a modern design with a good spring support ring.
We are going to continue as is and know and understand what Richard has said and we will feel rightly stupid if this all goes pear shaped and we have a leak down the line and have to pull it all out and have have a washer made to fit the seal we used.
So a decision means next week we can get this job going back together.
I have cages for the rear armour nuts to source asap as we will be repair those when the pack goes back in as well.
More next week, and our considerable thanks to Richard Farrant for his input.