EU Commission Proposals to strengthen control of firearms

Enfield1940

check out the law in holland toy guns are illegal, basically if it can be used to frighten or scare anyone its banned, keep your toys in belgium thats ok :shocked:

You can scare someone popping a paper bag so did they ban those in Holland too ? :-D Another place I will cross off my places to live then :(. When we were kids you carried sheath knifes, had toy guns that weren't painted bright orange and actually rode bikes without helmets ! How did we ever survive :-D

You can scare someone popping a paper bag so did they ban those in Holland too ? :-D Another place I will cross off my places to live then :(. When we were kids you carried sheath knifes, had toy guns that weren't painted bright orange and actually rode bikes without helmets ! How did we ever survive :-D
I had a sheath knife on my belt when I was 8 but that was a different world, now long gone.

Nobody told us the world was out to get us, that we were depressed and suffering from eating disorders. The greatest health and saftey slogan was: 'Careful, you'll have someones eye out with that!':yawn:

One 'Glimmer' of Hope is. As a slight aside, I have always kept in touch with the London Proofmaster. As we wore the same capbadge, & have a good working relasionship. I have kept in touch over the subject of spare Barrels deactivated for MGs.

As they ARE allowed in other EU countries, but not in the UK. Except for the small batch that went out via WWA a few years back. There is a huge market for these as accessories for collectors, & also to fit vehicle brackets on display vehicles.

He is of the same mind as myself & a lot of other enthusiasts on this topic. & was working to get this implemented in the Uk as well. After all, as a live controlled item. It has very little value, as a Deactiveted lump of harmless metal. It potentially has a much bigger value & destroys a lethal item. with no damage to price here.

Also, the Proofhouse potentially stands to make vast sums from the certifying process. & the Trade also, to benefit from supply. & removal of them to secure valuable storage space.

I asked the question, of why 'they' were allowed them. But we are not, here in the UK. Even though WE are an EU member state? He informed Me that the Deact Standards WE implemented. Were NOT part of the Process that other EU members agreed to. So although we are IN the EU. We didn't benefit from the more enlightend approach to standards the EU Has!

Because another 'Gipe' I have is. If we are in the EU, THEY have hand guns. If WE are in the EU, why cant we have the same?.......

It came back again, to the fact that we did NOT sign up for the same standards as other EU members.

Soooooooo, an interesting point here is: It is OTHER EU member states that are kneejerk reacting to the Proposed banning of Deacts. And as WE did NOT sign up to that category in the UK. OUR standards are probably the Tightest in the EU for Legaly Deactivated weapons!!!!!!!

So there is absolulely NO POINT WHATSOEVER, in Banning/ tightening up on HARMLESS, Classified as NON FIREARM deactivated weapons in the UK!!!!................PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ferretfixer