Hotchkiss M201

Enigma

What is the order for a Hotchkiss Jeep distributor...is it:

Upper left 1,upper right 3,lower right, 4 lower left, 2. ???

The rotor goes clockwise....

By the way i know the firing order is 1-3-4-2...............

Edited by Enigma

• 9 months later...

Please can anyone help me with the vacuum advance on Hotchkiss distributor....have removed plate inside and the vac pipe just ends as a hole inside,so when you suck on pipe there is no connection to mechanism.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best to ID the dizzy , there are alternatives , IIRC the screened / waterproofed was ' all centifugal advance ' , a PO could have fitted a alternative with vacuum and rigged up a vacuum pipe - then part stripped to disconnect ,if it performed better on just the centrifugal advance ,,

Please can anyone help me with the vacuum advance on Hotchkiss distributor....have removed plate inside and the vac pipe just ends as a hole inside,so when you suck on pipe there is no connection to mechanism.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

As Ruxy says above, depends on type of distributor, it could be a distributor vent pipe?

Best to ID the dizzy , there are alternatives , IIRC the screened / waterproofed was ' all centifugal advance ' , a PO could have fitted a alternative with vacuum and rigged up a vacuum pipe - then part stripped to disconnect ,if it performed better on just the centrifugal advance ,,

Yes thanks Rusky.....realised no vacuum advance.