another project but for longtime Fordson WOT6

I have buy this "beautifull" truck before he come to scrapyard there is two years ago, since i have found 5 original weels and an C60 box for the back.This truck was an ex RAF truck N°127964 (plate number on the door) his serial number is

7132043 but i m not sure for the years ?

If anyone have plant for the rear back this can help me.

And parts also.

Thanks.

150 euros.jpg

SDC11324.jpg

Canet 2013559.jpg

Canet 2013558.jpg

P1080208.jpg

I have buy this "beautifull" truck before he come to scrapyard there is two years ago, since i have found 5 original weels and an C60 box for the back.This truck was an ex RAF truck N°127964 (plate number on the door) his serial number is

7132043 but i m not sure for the years ?

If anyone have plant for the rear back this can help me.

And parts also.

Thanks.

I would say it was probably built in 1943 as I worked on one with a close chassis number to yours, also I think the cupola in the cab roof was added in 1943 to most British trucks.

I would say it was probably built in 1943 as I worked on one with a close chassis number to yours, also I think the cupola in the cab roof was added in 1943 to most British trucks.

Richard, what was the the reasoning behind the cupola? Just a convenient way to look over a hedge without having to open the door and stand on your seat?

Richard, what was the the reasoning behind the cupola? Just a convenient way to look over a hedge without having to open the door and stand on your seat?

Main reason would be an observer looking out for air attack I guess. You will find these were introduced into production vehicles during 1943, along with sling flanges on hubs .... all appearing in readiness for the invasion.

• 1 year later...

hello i work a little on fordson and i search for complete the support and the protective bar in front of vehicle and also the protective hood for the engine in the cabin if any one have this thank you, because in french to find parts it's very hard help me please.attachment.php?attachmentid=128645&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=128646&stc=1

The support and the protective barThe support and the protective barThe support and the protective bar

150 euros.jpg

RIMG0435.jpg