Chieftain in China

jchinuk

A model manufacturer is in the process of producing a new 1/35th kit of the Chieftain Mk.10, and they are giving details of the development on their website

One of the tanks they have measured is said to be in Beijing, you will see from first photo on the link, it features the 'white wall' tyres common on PLA display vehicles.

My question is how did a Chieftain get to China? I'm guessing from Iran or Iraq, both of which use Chinese equipment, but have no real idea.

Thanks in advance.

jh

Edited by jchinuk

A model manufacturer is in the process of producing a new 1/35th kit of the Chieftain Mk.10, and they are giving details of the development on their website

One of the tanks they have measured is said to be in Beijing, you will see from first photo on the link, it features the 'white wall' tyres common on PLA display vehicles.

My question is how did a Chieftain get to China? I'm guessing from Iran or Iraq, both of which use Chinese equipment, but have no real idea.

Thanks in advance.

jh

Ops it could be a copy there good at that !!!!! well not that good :)

Part 2 says that the Chinese one's at the China North Vehicle Research Institute in Beijing, doesn't sound very museumish to me, so I'd guess it's a present from one of the Middle Eastern countries, missing skirts etc. Maybe ex-Iranian via Iraq?

vzwq4U4.jpg

Not sure if it's dirt or sand-coloured paint on the front.