Sdkf 250

Tony Lawrence

looks like they had a lot of fun, roasting snausages over a campfire, hauling an uber rare and expensive panzer out of a river, maybe celebrate afterwards with some ice cold Czech beer.

Any guesses on value, this has to be north of $300K Euro no?

Impressed with German wartime Engineering - the front wheels turned after 70 years submerged!

I know peat bogwater is very low in oxygen, hence little or no rust, but the hub seals certainly did their job!

Call me a sceptic tho, but one of the stills on the second link - ' Tomasz . . . . ' showing the tyre,

"Continental, Made in Germany" . . . .would a wartime German tyre have "Made in Germany" written on it in English ?

Just wondering :-)

'Chas.'

continental is a huge exporter of tires today, just like they were in the 1930's when the molds for these tires were made. The tires in the pic were obviously used by the German military , but they were also dual use and specked for farm machinery, tractors, etc.

What really amazed me is you can contact these companies today and say " I need new rubber tires for my Panther tank road wheels or new tires for Sdkfz 251" and they often still have the original molds and will cast a set if you are ready to pay for a small production run costs.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...