"I maybe stupid....." Section

matchlesswdg3

I don't think ignorance of ones own language is something to be proud of.

Don't worry Enigma, the average Dutch persons written and spoken English is generally better than many British people, I'm sad to say.

I was not suggesting for one moment that it was.

If one looks at the smilies surely one would understand my comments were infact a little "tongue in cheek"

I will however stand by my comment of this being as we all know a Military vehicle forum and not a classroom.

Or MAYBE/PErHAPS nothing better to do........small thing I know but there is a lot worst gramer aint there.....:laugh:

After all this is an MV forum, not school time. I left there 43 years ago.......:undecided:

Aint is supposedly perfectly acceptable now

The one that bugs me is the 99% "me and Mike" instead of the correct "Mike and I"...... but can't win as seems to be the script in every movie now or celebrity interview

We could blame a lot of people but the bodies writing dictionaries add new rubbish every year e.g.

Whilst Whitsuntiding, listening to the latest Earworm, Jack sat Havey–cavey on his favourite chair, then experienced

Permadeath during a critical moment playing Age of War on his Mahoosive LCD screen.

In a moment of Crony capitalism he studied his Lookbook and was happy to see his Duck face posturing in front of his Crusader tank but was concerned that this Digital footprint would be forever

https://lsestockholm.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/10-new-english-words-for-2015/

Ps Twerking is the re-tensioning of tank tracks :D

Edited by fesm_ndt

Aint is supposedly perfectly acceptable now

The one that bugs me is the 99% "me and Mike" instead of the correct "Mike and I"...... but can't win as seems to be the script in every movie now or celebrity interview

Actually Mike, as far as I know there is no grammatical rule that suggests that 'me and Mike' is incorrect; it is merely a point of politeness to put yourself second among equal mortals. However when talking about lesser items it becomes perfectly correct, 'me and my screwdriver' rather than 'my screwdriver and I'.

I worry more about the apparent substitution 'of' in place of 'have'.......