Great Dorset Steam Fair 2015

Had a busy day today with a family wedding to go to, so I went to the GDSF instead. The WW1 display was really superb and I wish I took some more photos. Met up with loads of old friends and great to see Duncan from the forum with his Daimler and Dan the Halley. Also met up with some funny chap wanting to buy a second hand Autocar. Didn’t like the look of him sent him off over the hill.

IMG_9409_zpsy1bytg0m.jpg

IMG_9412_zpschkcnyah.jpg

IMG_9413_zpswweymsg3.jpg

IMG_9418_zpsxzypyxnv.jpg

IMG_9423_zpspcsriueu.jpg IMG_9425_zpslwzn2ibo.jpg

Had a ride in and then a drive of Ians Liberty B. Had a race with the Holt,

then drove the Liberty until we had a tyre issue.

IMG_9437_zps5eln2hsy.jpg

IMG_9434_zpsej8tkxjv.jpg

Another WW1 truck arrived at GDSF this evening (Saurer) which I had not seen for about 20 years and which has made its first appearance there. Looking forwards to seeing photos of it.

Dad went down the previous day and took some photos of the Grundons Pierce Arrow

2_zpsnqr4xmdb.jpg

1_zpsito0yleq.jpg

Nice pictures Tim you beat me to it I took similar ones but they are stuck in camera rather than on this phone. In fact the only pics I took were up the GW end and I thought that was all a very commendable display. Far more worthy than the tractor pulling stuff that goes on next our MV display :(

Had a busy day today with a family wedding to go to, so I went to the GDSF instead.

That just made me laugh out loud! :-D

Good choice though; wedding or WW1 lorries, got to be the latter for me!

Another WW1 truck arrived at GDSF this evening (Saurer) which I had not seen for about 20 years and which has made its first appearance there. Looking forwards to seeing photos of it.

Hi Tim,

The Saurer was outside the auction tent at Beaulieu Autojumble yesterday, assume it was for sale so maybe a new owner?

Nice pictures Tim you beat me to it I took similar ones but they are stuck in camera rather than on this phone. In fact the only pics I took were up the GW end and I thought that was all a very commendable display. Far more worthy than the tractor pulling stuff that goes on next our MV display :(

Hi Clive, hope your having a good time. Is it possible to post a picture if your Pig while at the show. Always good to see a fellow Humber owner enjoying him self. Best regards Nigel.