what to put in the hanger???

monty2

After many year finally I got a solution to the neighbours garage wall 3x11m.

The idea is to make a big painting of a hangar from it. Will fit some fake folding doors left and right on the side in white . I started with small pavement in front of it this weekend. The idea is to put some can’s on it and punctured spare wheel and a Windbag next to it . BUT the questions what will be in the hangar.

Camel, Tiger moth or Spitfire. any suggestions

IMG_4621.jpg

Edited by monty2

….. I got a old tiger prop, could add it to the painting and make it rotated :-)

And I wanted to put a Scammell Constructor radiator in the hall with the fan blades behind driven electrically to make it a convector - but Mrs. N.O.S. said 'No!"…….

Tiger Moth it is then.

A friend who lived in the country had a Series 1 Land Rover that he kept parked in the open end bay of a barn.

The Land Rover's position faced his long driveway. There was a rash of unwanted visitors in the area, just general nosey people and some undesirables. He was in my opinion related to the late Mr Heath Robinson and quite a hoarder and inventor and collector of junk.

In an attempt to deter people by scaring them he decided that the Series 1 would be his secret weapon.

He needed light, sound and movement to ensure the effect. The Land Rover (like many of the marque) did not run.

He laid some scrap steel channel on the barn floor on a slope with a set of buffers (stops for those in the colonies) at the end. He built a small frame under the Land Rover that had castor wheels that ran in the channel. He wired the headlights with some mains voltage lamps. He had some kind of release mechanism for the frame and a tape recording of a Land Rover starting up. The key component was a motion detector from an old yard light.

Some how the whole thing was set up so you had to be quite close before the headlights on the Land Rover came on as the recording started playing and then the Land Rover moved about 5 feet out at you as you drove up.

It had the desired effect and the locals soon stopped trying to sell him Girl Guide cookies and double glazing and the like.

I for one got taken by it one night trying to do a good deed and return something early. Scared the bejesus out of me but did get me laughing later.

I moved on and have lost touch with him now, classic gag that I have often wanted to recreate myself. How exactly it worked I don't know, I know if I had asked it would have taken at least a day for him explain it all, I never had the time.

R

• 1 year later...

We are making slow progress with the project, but it will be finish in summer of 2017

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 5.11.53 PM.jpg

th blue sheet right will become canvas look and the red jerry can wel be looking also more vintage

concept design :

aeroplane is a:

Fleet Model 16B 'Finch' WWII biplane trainer C-FDAF 1940 - Tiger Boys Annual Air Day, Guelph Airpark, Ontario

----

Kinner B5-R (R-440) five-cylinder air-cooled radial, 125-hp

----

Markings: Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP), WWII, painted as 4494

----

It will be printed on a plastic sheet 9m x 2.75m and put on a wall in the garden. Next there will be fake sliding doors, old jerrycans, spare wheel of a old aircraft, wind sock, old seats etc just a very big picture with some real 3D parts in it. Maybe at some stage a MG or jeep next to to make nice picture .

Edited by monty2

• 1 year later...
On 30-8-2015 at 8:44 PM, monty2 said:

The idea is to make a big painting of a hangar from it. Will fit some fake folding doors left and right on the side in white . I started with small pavement in front of it this weekend. The idea is to put some can’s on it and punctured spare wheel and a Windbag next to it . BUT the questions what will be in the hangar.

IMG_4621.jpg

Finally we getting there this is the begin lots of detail still to come

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

Edited by monty2
  • Like 2

On 30-8-2015 at 8:44 PM, monty2 said:

IMG_4621.jpg

Edited by monty2