Pontiac Silver Streak

MatchFuzee

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
yea, sadly a fantasy model, books show only ford, Chevrolet , and Plymouth 4 doors issued... did they expect a general to wait while you tipped the seat forward?.... I don't think so !.....LOL
assuming you do have a Chevy or Plymouth 4 door, lets say a 1941 Plymouth special deluxe, how can you tell if it was ever a military staff car?

00F0F_1ooKiFAxtYR_600x450.jpg

assuming you do have a Chevy or Plymouth 4 door, lets say a 1941 Plymouth special deluxe, how can you tell if it was ever a military staff car?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111124[/ATTACH]

Lights, front and back were different, for a start

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111124[/ATTACH]

My 1946 Cadillac Series 62 still has its Service Number stencilled under the hood and on service records on drivers door frame.

Lights, front and back were different, for a start
I can't see a difference in lights other than on some models they added very small black-out lights and they painted all the chrome trim/bumpers in body color. Strictly looking at Plymouth P10's, 11's, etc.

My 1946 Cadillac Series 62 still has its Service Number stencilled under the hood and on service records on drivers door frame.
yeah it seems like all the authentic ones have a large metal plate , usually on the glove-box door or dash, stamped with the military registration codes and such.

Safe to assume there's a lot of fakes out there?

I can't see a difference in lights other than on some models they added very small black-out lights and they painted all the chrome trim/bumpers in body color. Strictly looking at Plymouth P10's, 11's, etc.

They fitted military lights front and back on the line, so the civilian light fitting holes were left blank - not stamped out. It isn't the addition of the military lights that suggests genuine - it's the blanks where the civilian lights haven't been punched.